AstroPrint? Octoprint? Other?

The new for 2016 RostockMAX v3!
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

AstroPrint? Octoprint? Other?

Post by cloneit3d »

Anyone running AstroPrint on a Raspberry Pi connected to a V3? I am trying to decide what to load on the Pi. Pros - Cons insights please.

Thank you,

Tim :D
Self designed plasma cutting table running Mach3
Orbot Hadron running and E3d 6, Smoothie on an Azteeg Mini, LCD, fully adjustable glass bed of my design with a silicone mat heater.
Prtrbot Simple Metal
Table top CNC running Mach 3
morgandc
Printmaster!

Re: AstroPrint? Octoprint? Other?

Post by morgandc »

Running Octoprint and love it. I pre-slice so I haven't used the integrated Cura engine much. Haven't tried any others options.
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Post by cloneit3d »

morgandc wrote:Running Octoprint and love it. I pre-slice so I haven't used the integrated Cura engine much. Haven't tried any others options.
Thank you- I loaded Octopi and have it up and running. I have only been able to run the calibration script g-code as I get an error when I try to run G-code generated from Matter. Maybe the start - stop g-code needs to be looked at.
Orbot Hadron running and E3d 6, Smoothie on an Azteeg Mini, LCD, fully adjustable glass bed of my design with a silicone mat heater.
Prtrbot Simple Metal
morgandc
Printmaster!

Post by morgandc »

I am slicing with Kiss, but used Cura fine as well.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

What is the error? OctoPi shouldn't care what's IN the gcode even if it's wrong.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Post by lordbinky »

I use OctoPi and slice with S3D. I like being able to check on it from my phone anywhere in the house. Now that I think about it I need to make a mount for the webcam but the empty can of duster works so well...
cloneit3d
Printmaster!

Post by cloneit3d »

mhackney wrote:What is the error? OctoPi shouldn't care what's IN the gcode even if it's wrong.
Ended up the error said the bed sensor was defective so I checked it with an ohm meter and reseated the bed thermistor connection to the Rambo. Problem solved- for now.
Prtrbot Simple Metal

Return to “RostockMAX v3”