No Configuration.h Tab?

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
ameservia
Plasticator

No Configuration.h Tab?

Post by ameservia »

I am reinstalling all of the software for my (basically) new RMV2 and when I got to the Repetier-Firmware, there is only one tab in Arduino. This may be due to a software update, but there are numbers that I am supposed to confirm and they aren't there. Is this okay or am I doing something incorrect?
Also is it fine to reinstall all of the software as long as there are no overlapping files and the EEPROM is cleared? I didn't think I would run into any problems, but I am posting on here already so I might be missing something.
Attachments
RF Screenshot.PNG
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: No Configuration.h Tab?

Post by mhackney »

Something is not correct, there should be a tab for every source file in the folder.DidCan you open the folder and see if they are there?

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Yes, it is fine to reinstall the software. I usually do run the EEPROM clear routine that is supplied with Arduino (I recall it is under the file menu but it has been a whhhiiiiilllle).

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
ameservia
Plasticator

Post by ameservia »

Yes, now that I look in the folder... there is the tab that should show up. All the rest of the tabs are probably there as well. Redownload?
Attachments
RF Screenshot2.PNG
RF Screenshot2.PNG (11.36 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Did you double click that Repetier file with the green icon? Try that before downloading again.

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
ameservia
Plasticator

Post by ameservia »

When I click on the file, this window pops up, which doesn't really help me at all.
Attachments
RF Screenshot3.PNG
ameservia
Plasticator

Post by ameservia »

When I select a program (option 2), I can choose Notepad or something similar. After doing that, everything that would've been in Arduino is now text in Notepad.
ameservia
Plasticator

Post by ameservia »

Scratch everything I said previously. The "Windows can't open file" popup came up when clicking on the Configuration.h file but when I opened it in Notepad and then reopened the Arduino Repetier file, Configuration.h shows up. I tested with another file and it did the same thing. Problem solved.
ameservia
Plasticator

Post by ameservia »

PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED!!!

I attempted to upload the Repetier Firmware without the tabs because when I looked at Configuration.h in Notepad the numbers were correct. This is the error message I received:

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-master.zip\Firmware-master\Repetier Firmware\Repetier\Repetier.ino:143:22: fatal error: Repetier.h: No such file or directory

#include "Repetier.h"

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I then went to the Preferences in Arduino and checked the box for showing verbose output during compilation, and also for both compilation and upload; this is the error message I receive after doing that and attempting to upload:

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:mega:cpu=atmega2560 -ide-version=10611 -build-path C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\build5b1ef656061e5094ed80c2da2f2134ae.tmp -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-master.zip\Firmware-master\Repetier Firmware\Repetier\Repetier.ino
C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:mega:cpu=atmega2560 -ide-version=10611 -build-path C:\Users\LAURIE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build5b1ef656061e5094ed80c2da2f2134ae.tmp -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-master.zip\Firmware-master\Repetier Firmware\Repetier\Repetier.ino
Using board 'mega' from platform in folder: C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr
Detecting libraries used...
"C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega" "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\build5b1ef656061e5094ed80c2da2f2134ae.tmp\sketch\Repetier.ino.cpp" -o "nul"
"C:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10611 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Users\Rostock Max V2\Arduino Software\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega" "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\build5b1ef656061e5094ed80c2da2f2134ae.tmp\sketch\Repetier.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\build5b1ef656061e5094ed80c2da2f2134ae.tmp\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-master.zip\Firmware-master\Repetier Firmware\Repetier\Repetier.ino:143:22: fatal error: Repetier.h: No such file or directory

#include "Repetier.h"

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

I have no idea what to do know. I am out of ideas. Start over? I reinstalled the firmware-master folder and nothing changed. Someone please help.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Some time ago I tried uploading the firmware with the latest release of ArduinoIDE and it didn't work.
I've been using release 1.0.5-R2 ever since and never had an issue:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftw ... ases#1.0.x

Also, from where did you download the firmware? Post the link.
(use this one: https://github.com/seemecnc/Firmware)
Martín S.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Have you seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuNVBQQp1n0 ? It shows exactly what you need to do. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

It helps to understand what's going on here. ArduinoIDE is an Integrated Development Environment. It is designed to manage 1 or MORE source files that compile to make a final program (in our case, Repetier firmware). The tabs you see represent the set of files that are needed to compile. There is a special file that names the project and defines the program starting point. It has the file type ".ino". In our case, it is Repetier.ino and it is the file with that little blue green Arduino icon. You must OPEN that file. The ArduinoIDE will then automatically open all of the other source files (.cpp and .h files) that are in the same folder as the .ino file and display each in its own tab.

I suspect you are not opening the right file - Repetier.ino

EDIT: or you could watch the video that Gene linked to :)

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

\o/
Delta Power!
ameservia
Plasticator

Post by ameservia »

I believe I miscommunicated what I was doing before which is what may have been causing mhackney to think I was doing something wrong, but according to the youtube video supplied by geneb, mhackney's description, and myself, I am doing it right and it is still yielding one tab in Arduino.

To answer Tincho85's question, I used the link from the second manual supplied at the end of the first manual that I used to assemble the printer. I tried using the zip file here as well and came up with the same result.

I think the idea of using an older Arduino version is the best course of action, I just wasn't sure how to go about doing that. Thank you for the link Tincho. I'll get back to the forum once I know whether it works or not.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Keep in mind that when I made that video, I downloaded a fresh Arduino install (1.6.11) and a fresh firmware zip from SeeMe's git repo. There's no reason to go back to an older version.

g.
Delta Power!
Noircogi
Printmaster!

Post by Noircogi »

You need to extract all of the files from the .zip file and then point to them in the arduino IDE.
It looks like you're trying to run against the .zip file itself.

Code: Select all

Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Noircogi wrote:You need to extract all of the files from the .zip file and then point to them in the arduino IDE.
It looks like you're trying to run against the .zip file itself.

Code: Select all

Nice catch
Martín S.
ameservia
Plasticator

Post by ameservia »

YES!! That was the problem. I needed to unzip the file. Thank you so much!

Problem Solved.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Great catch!

Start Here:

The Eclectic Angler

Return to “Troubleshooting”