Next generation Duet

DGBK
Printmaster!

Re: Next generation Duet

Post by DGBK »

Add me to the list of people excited for on-board WiFi. I've been pulling my hair out for the last week trying to set up my raspberry pi as a WiFi bridge for my duet. I cannot believe how tedious it is, and I can't find a single guide that actually has all the steps needed to get it working. Working WiFi out of the box would be a godsend.
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

dc42 wrote:We have allocated boards to our beta testers, and we will have some pre-production boards left over from the beta test programme. We are selling these at the heavily discounted price of £55 + carriage + VAT if applicable. In return, we hope to get useful feedback from you.
Thanks to all of you who have sent me messages asking for beta boards. I have not had time to reply to you individually, but you should hear from Think3DPrint3d soon confirming that you are on the list.

All pre-production boards are now allocated and the list is closed. We hope to supply all of you who are on the list, but the last few of you to apply may be unlucky if we get too many boards that fail testing and can't easily be rectified.
Great_Thark
Prints-a-lot

Post by Great_Thark »

dc42 wrote:
Great_Thark wrote:If it's going wifi will the wifi config be available from the due, I change my password regularly and having to plug it direct to the computer everytime would be a pita
The current plan is that you will only be able to change passwords by removing the SD card and putting it into a PC. But we're open to suggestions as long as they maintain security.
I should think being able to change the wifi password from the due would maintain security as you need physical access. Over usb would be preference No.2 as you can leave the wire in place. Having to take the SD card out would be a major nuisance and seems a bit counter to the excellent progress made with the likes of the web interface fw upgrade.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I got the invoice for my board today and I'm excited to receive it.
dmo
Printmaster!

Post by dmo »

Is there anyway to add video monitoring? Or to run Rasberry Pie. Can that be done through the micro usb?
dc42
Printmaster!

Post by dc42 »

dmo wrote:Is there anyway to add video monitoring? Or to run Rasberry Pie. Can that be done through the micro usb?
Yes, you can do either. A RPi running Octoprint can be connected via the micro USB connector. You can also integrate an IP camera into DuetWebControl. Currently, this requires a camera that is capable of supplying a still jpeg image in response to an http request, so many low-cost cameras are not suitable. We would like to support any camera that supports RTSP protocol, but unfortunately Google has withdrawn the NPAPI interface from Chrome that would have made this straightforward.

Return to “Duet”