Print from flash card

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Johncoffee
Printmaster!

Print from flash card

Post by Johncoffee »

Ok, I have exported a G-Code file from Mattercontrol to my 8GB flash card that came with the Rostock Max v2. When inserting the card into the slot of the Rostock- the display simply keeps switching between the Temp / Target screen and a general FW Info screen. Forward and backward. There is nothing I can do about.

Can anybody help me solving this ?

I also can't any manual for operating the printer standalone via the display. Maybe all is self-explanatory - but yet I'd like to see a quick manual here.

Thanks for any help!

John
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Print from flash card

Post by Xenocrates »

Do you mean that it does this on it's own? Or is this when you're twiddling the knob? Have you fully inserted the card? Does it give you the "SD card inserted" line at the bottom of the display?

Operating printer standalone:

Click knob, scroll to general settings
Click knob
Preheat material (You don't have to, but it gets you started while you find the right file), Click knob
Scroll to return to previous
Click knob
Select file: Click knob, scroll to the right file, click the knob again.
Printer will then start the print once it reaches temperature

To stop a print:
Click Knob, SD card Menu
Stop print, click knob. Controller will restart after showing select/delete file (Don't bother trying to select a new file, it doesn't work right then)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Johncoffee
Printmaster!

Post by Johncoffee »

Thanks for the info Xenocrates. Appreciate it.
Yes, on its own. Changing the screen by itself. If I unplug the card, the menu is stable again.
(I just inserted the card into my mac with Mattercontrol running and exported the G-code file to the card. So just the file is in the root directory.)

Thanks also for the short standalone instructions.

I need to check the card problem again later. (Currently I'm printing the 2nd fan shroud :D)

John
thedoble
Printmaster!

Post by thedoble »

Check how the card is formatted. I don't know what the rostock expects, but FAT32 is probably a safe bet.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Johncoffee
Printmaster!

Post by Johncoffee »

Format was MS-FAT 32. The problem was the adapter card. It doesn't seem to work correct on the Rostock, but interestingly well on my Macbook. After changing to a Transcend Adapter card, all works well. Thanks a lot for all suggestions.

*John*
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Interesting that it was the adapter. I've always thought those things were just simple passive sets of conductors that translated the size upwards. (And that's what it looks like they are, from teardowns of them), so there shouldn't be anything to fail, especially if it works in another system (Other than crap on contacts on both sides being enough to stop signalling through there)
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001

Return to “Troubleshooting”