Rostock Max Door orientation with LCD?

All things related to the Rostock MAX 3D Printer, the worlds FIRST Delta kit!
fredini
Printmaster!

Rostock Max Door orientation with LCD?

Post by fredini »

One of my doors (The non RAMbo mount one# 68357 support panel) is different than the one appearing in the manual. Rather than being solid with a couple drilled holes, it has a rectangular opening for an LCD board and a power switch. I'm guessing I just have a later revision of the door design. Is it the intention that this door should be mounted on the face of the machine between the X and Y axis- or between the Y and Z?

The build instructions have the Rambo mount door going on this XY face (door pins adjacent to the X axis). However, I am definitely doing the LCD controller upgrade and wonder if that other door ought to be positioned in the front. What is it the design's intention?

I assume part 68410 LCD Face mounts the controller to the door but where are parts 68411 StandoffLCD (With he SD card slot) used?

Also, on a related note, now that I have the manual I realize I installed the RAMbo mount door upside down. Not really relishing raking the bottom off the completed mechanical build but I guess its the thing to do.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Rostock Max Door orientation with LCD?

Post by geneb »

fredini, if it was me, I'd install the LCD door where the solid face door went. When I get the LCD for mine, I may design a partial enclosure for it that is open to the back and just attach it to the electronics door using a few neodymium magnets.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
aehM_Key
Printmaster!

Post by aehM_Key »

Has anybody a picture of the display mounted with the LCD Standoff parts?
fredini
Printmaster!

Post by fredini »

I got PartDaddy Steve to show me some close ups of his on one of the live broadcasts so I could figure this out. I'll take a couple pics and post them when I'm home tonight.
fredini
Printmaster!

Post by fredini »

I have yet to do the LCD, but this is how Steve has his machine set up- with the board mounted behind the opening in the front door:

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8501/8363503320_cb629c3315.jpg[/img]
Rostock Max door with LCD mount by fredini, on Flickr
aehM_Key
Printmaster!

Post by aehM_Key »

Thanks a lot!

@SeeMeCNC: The hole for the SD-Card-Holder is a tiny bit to small, because of the soldering. Anyway, a file can solve the problem :)
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

@aehM Key looking into that right now!
dbarrans
Printmaster!

Post by dbarrans »

Fred, what did you end up doing to mount the LCD board and the wood LCD face to the standoffs? Could you post a picture?

- dan
dbarrans
Printmaster!

Post by dbarrans »

Fred, if you haven't pulled the bottom off yet, you may not need to. I also put the RAMBo door between the XY rails, and I'm considering swapping the two doors to put the LCD door in front, but I don't want to pull the bottom off to do it. I was thinking about carefully cutting off the hinge protrusions on the doors and then re-installing them with short sections of piano hinge.

- dan

Return to “Rostock MAX”