Rostock Max Limit switch wiring issue

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Rostock Max Limit switch wiring issue

Post by Polygonhell »

My RAMBO has 1 longer wire pair and two shorter ones or the endstops.
The longer one has to be for the Z Axis since it has to run further, but I can't see how to run the X Axis wire so it will reach the sockets on the RAMBO.
I have my RAMBO mounted on the inside per the PDF with the stepper drivers to the bottom.
After the wire exits the extrusion, it has to go left through the slot, which is away from the electronics compartment.
AFAICS It then has to go around the TSlot support before it can be routed into the electronic compartment.
when I do this, the wire is about 2 inches too short to reach the X endstop connectors, even with the door closed.
Am I missing something here?
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Rostock Max Limit switch wiring issue

Post by geneb »

The end-stop wire for the X axis should enter the electronics bay through the same slot as the power supply wiring does. If it's too short, how does it compare in length to the other "Short" cable?
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

I had 2 short pairs of exactly the same length and a longer one, I spoke to John at SeeMeCNC yesterday about it, apparently with some RAMBO boards the cables are too short, they've ordered later RAMBO boards with longer cables.
I just patched an extension onto the short wires.
JakeCShake
Printmaster!

Post by JakeCShake »

Barnett (my brother in-law) and I had to add extensions to many of the wires. Not a big deal....just twist together, bend and tape off with electrical tape. This was for wood kit #6.....we had to improvise a few things.....part of the magic of DIY projects in the early stage. Have fun....don't fret too much. Good luck....

Return to “Troubleshooting”