[ENDED] Free $150 from Misumi for first time customers

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
AndThenSome09
Printmaster!

[ENDED] Free $150 from Misumi for first time customers

Post by AndThenSome09 »

Edit: This promotion is now over. You can still buy from Misumi, but not with this promo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Misumi US website http://us.misumi-ec.com/ is running a special until March 31st. For all first time web customers, place the code "First150" in the "Special Instructions" box at the bottom of the order form and they will credit you $150!

I ordered a bunch of 1515 extruded aluminum (same as Open Beam) with a box of M3 nuts and M3 bolts for $144 so the only thing I am going to pay for is the shipping!

Its a pretty good deal if you don't already have an account with them.

BTW: I found the 1515 extrusions by putting "1515 extrusion" into the search bar, just in case you want a cheaper alternative to Open Beam. The Misumi 1515 extrusions still take a standard M3 nut just like Open Beam does.
3D Printing Blog, Build, News, and Store

Come check us out @ http://www.i3dtech.net
joecnc2006
Printmaster!

Re: Free $150 from Misumi for first time customers

Post by joecnc2006 »

I searched the extrusion and did not find any results, you have a link?

Thanks
Joe
http://www.joescnc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AndThenSome09
Printmaster!

Post by AndThenSome09 »

The Misumi 1515 extrusions are super cheap compared to "Open Beam" just to let everyone know!

The link for the 1515 extrusions is:

http://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/110300465870/?rid1

On the left hand side of the screen is where you define the length in mm that you would like and such, once you have filled in the length and press enter a box will show up where you can define the number of extrusions at that length you want and press the check price or update price button just to the right of the box you enter the number of them you desire.

Once you get the price if you want just click the "add to cart" button and that's it. When your ready to check out you just have to setup an individual account and enter your address and cc info and phone number and you will be all set. Then go into your cart and click the "order" button once youre logged into your new account and don't forget to enter "First150" into the special notes section at the bottom of the order form.

neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

it is forcing me to "login" or create an account, prior to it adding to the cart. did something change?

Thanks!
I am a fool entrapped within my own wisdom.
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

neurascenic wrote:it is forcing me to "login" or create an account, prior to it adding to the cart. did something change?

Thanks!
No, it's always been like this. It's so they can give you quotes/emails/phone calls heh.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

so did you order the fixed length of 2000mm? am i right that its only 8 dollars for 6ft of this?
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

bubbasnow wrote:so did you order the fixed length of 2000mm? am i right that its only 8 dollars for 6ft of this?
You are right. But they are small. Make great mini kossels and just to make things out of like maybe a surround for your printer.
AndThenSome09
Printmaster!

Post by AndThenSome09 »

Yeah I told you it was cheap! I ordered 24 360mm lengths, 6 1000mm lengths, 1 box of 1000 M3 Cap head screws, 1 box of I think 1000 M3 nuts, and one box of 2000 washers M3 and the total on that was $144 and some change.

I thought the prices on the 1515 extrusions was awesome along with the first150 promo so I just had to let everyone around here know about it!

Funny, last time I was trying to find Misumi 1515 extrusions because I heard they were a lot cheaper than "Open Beam" I just could not find them anywhere! Last night I stumbled upon this just surfin the net for no special reason! go figure!

neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

threaded Magnets... Or.. magnets already in threaded holders

http://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/11 ... 40/?Inch=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Misumi_Brooke
Noob

Post by Misumi_Brooke »

AndThenSome09, thanks for sharing this!

If you all have any questions or if there's anything I can help with, please let me know. I'll keep an eye out here or you can email me directly at [email protected].

Thanks for giving us a try!
Brooke
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Misumi_Brooke wrote:AndThenSome09, thanks for sharing this!

If you all have any questions or if there's anything I can help with, please let me know. I'll keep an eye out here or you can email me directly at [email protected].

Brooke
The confusing part is that the website does not show the discount from using the "First150" until after the order is shipped according to a representative I talked to at your
Company. I really thought the discount wasn't properly applied. I commend you for your generosity to first time customers.
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

Eaglezsoar wrote:

Brooke
The confusing part is that the website does not show the discount from using the "First150" until after the order is shipped according to a representative I talked to at your
Company. I really thought the discount wasn't properly applied. I commend you for your generosity to first time customers.
Yea, that one got me too. Brooke responded nearly immediately upon my query! Very attentive, and appreciated!
AndThenSome09
Printmaster!

Post by AndThenSome09 »

I only knew about it from reading a post I found on hackaday. Then last night I saw an add about the first150 on YouTube.

Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

AndThenSome09 wrote:I only knew about it from reading a post I found on hackaday. Then last night I saw an add about the first150 on YouTube.
Thanks for letting us know about it. You've helped a lot of people.
Tinyhead
Printmaster!

Post by Tinyhead »

I'd love to use this, but the shipping to Canada would cost twice as much as the discount.
AndThenSome09
Printmaster!

Post by AndThenSome09 »

I wonder if they have a Canadian division?

Please check this out:

http://us.misumi-ec.com/news/topics/200 ... -fees.html

Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

The shipping is the scary part, since it's a total unknown. This is the feedback I got when I asked about it:
"We will not know the cost of shipping until the day that we ship out. Would you still like us to place the order? Please be aware that once the order is placed, it cannot be cancelled. Please advise."

I went ahead with the order, we'll see what happens.
I ordered 2 different size boxes of M3 SHCS, a box of M3 nuts, and 8 2m lengths of the 1515 extrusion. That came to $151.32 before the promotion. There's a huge discount per unit for ordering the 1000 qty boxes, and the 2m extrusion is noticeably cheaper than any of the shorter lengths. I like the flexibility of cutting it myself when I decide how to use it anyway.
bdjohns1
Printmaster!

Post by bdjohns1 »

Eric wrote:The shipping is the scary part, since it's a total unknown. This is the feedback I got when I asked about it:
"We will not know the cost of shipping until the day that we ship out. Would you still like us to place the order? Please be aware that once the order is placed, it cannot be cancelled. Please advise."

I ordered 2 different size boxes of M3 SHCS, a box of M3 nuts, and 8 2m lengths of the 1515 extrusion. That came to $151.32 before the promotion. There's a huge discount per unit for ordering the 1000 qty boxes, and the 2m extrusion is noticeably cheaper than any of the shorter lengths. I like the flexibility of cutting it myself when I decide how to use it anyway.
It's not too bad. I bought the parts to make a table for my Rostock - basically a 24x48" frame with 36" legs, which I then slapped an Ikea table top on. According to UPS, the shipping weight was 17.7 lbs. I got invoiced for $20.15 from Misumi. Fairly short shipment, though - going from the Chicago 'burbs (Misumi's office) to me in Madison, WI.
AndThenSome09
Printmaster!

Post by AndThenSome09 »

Eric wrote:The shipping is the scary part, since it's a total unknown. This is the feedback I got when I asked about it:

Yeah I've yet to see what shipping will be but I should find out any day now :?

I don't have any equipment to cut my extrusions with other than a hacksaw and I cant always get exactly the same size on parts and making sure my cut is at a perfect 90 degree angle is crazy hard, even after I made a guide that slides on the extrusion and locked in with an M3 8mm bolt and nut I still was not always perfect and had to file that end which also made me lose a little length.

So for those in my boat being able to get customized parts without breaking the bank is essential.

Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

Followup:

While I haven't seen an invoice that includes shipping, the charge hit my credit card yesterday. I clearly got the $150 off, and the math says UPS shipping from Illinois to California came to $27.23. It was shipped in two packages, a 15.5 lb tube and a 5 lb box.

My order arrived an hour ago, and it was a quality packing job. The 2m extrusions were taped together, wrapped in bubble wrap, taped, wrapped in cardboard sheet, more tape, put in a cardboard shipping tube with more bubble wrap at the ends, then slipped into larger shipping tube that slid over the first, then finished off with strapping tape. The box had each item individually bagged and labeled, wrapped in bubble wrap, then filled with peanuts.

Hell of a promotion.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Great deal! I don't know how they could afford to do that but I got my share of stuff.
Amazing! One hell of a great Company!
rootboy
Printmaster!

Post by rootboy »

Brooke
And thank you, this is quite the generous offer!
Barefoothurst
Printmaster!

Post by Barefoothurst »

I just placed my order! Got enough 1515 to last a while along with couple boxes of m3 nuts and bolts. Also picked up a couple extruded aluminum corner brackets to play with. Thanks for the tips and thanks for the generous sale.
brent
Printmaster!

Post by brent »

before I order, is there any extrusion that matches what the RoMax uses?
Barefoothurst
Printmaster!

Post by Barefoothurst »

Check this out. I think it's the same but I haven't checked the exact specs.
http://us.misumi-ec.com/vona2/detail/110300465870/?rid1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Lounge”