Matter Control Software

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Matter Control Software

Post by Jimustanguitar »

http://www.mattercontrol.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jassper found a new one. Has anybody used this yet?

Sounds interesting.
dpmacri
Printmaster!

Re: Matter Control Software

Post by dpmacri »

Looks interesting, except the slicing is still done by either Cura or Slic3r (you can choose which one). I haven't tried it, yet, but probably will.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Looks very interesting, especially if it can create a database of your 3d files and help you catalog them.
Batteau62
Printmaster!

Post by Batteau62 »

Just down loaded it. Looks very interesting, especially the leveling feature. I'll have to give it a try. It's worth the download for the "text creator" alone. Good find :!: :D
-"Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool."
-"As soon as you make something fool proof...along comes an idiot."
-"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Batteau62 wrote:Just down loaded it. Looks very interesting, especially the leveling feature. I'll have to give it a try. It's worth the download for the "text creator" alone. Good find :!: :D
I didn't know it had those features, now I have to look at it for sure! Thanks!
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

A host program that integrates with Cura is exciting too. I wish that Repetier did. That's my main gripe about Repetier.
AndThenSome09
Printmaster!

Post by AndThenSome09 »

I'm gonna check it out tonight when I'm outta work. I'm partial to slic3r, I think it gives me the best control. Haven't had any problems with it yet.
3D Printing Blog, Build, News, and Store

Come check us out @ http://www.i3dtech.net
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

Ok guys,

We've been working on MatterControl for a little bit now, and we're going to be using it mainly with our SeeMeEducate packages, as it's an easier interface i think for kids/starters. We need to finish getting all our settings over, and a few 'other' features in there that we need/use, but here's a link to our first 'beta' test. Some of the beta features are Repetier firmware EEPROM support right from MC, as well as the round build area, and some other goodies here and there

BETA BETA BETA
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxa32ag8wsne8 ... -1.0.5.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BETA BETA BETA
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

johnoly99 wrote:Ok guys,

We've been working on MatterControl for a little bit now, and we're going to be using it mainly with our SeeMeEducate packages, as it's an easier interface i think for kids/starters. We need to finish getting all our settings over, and a few 'other' features in there that we need/use, but here's a link to our first 'beta' test. Some of the beta features are Repetier firmware EEPROM support right from MC, as well as the round build area, and some other goodies here and there

BETA BETA BETA
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxa32ag8wsne8 ... -1.0.5.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BETA BETA BETA
Thank you John.
Navkram
Printmaster!

Post by Navkram »

Oly showed this off Thursday @ our maker meeting, looks really promising.
Jassper
Printmaster!

Post by Jassper »

Jimustanguitar wrote:http://www.mattercontrol.com/

Jassper found a new one. Has anybody used this yet?

Sounds interesting.
Correction,johnoly99 found it.
I'm just the instigator ;)

Hope it wasn't too soon!
The MakerHive
Yellow Jacket Quick Clip Plug in board
Berd-Air Cooling Kit
The MakerHive Store
Some things are meant to be closed, your mind isn't one of them.
There is a difference between what you know and what you have been told
Batteau62
Printmaster!

Post by Batteau62 »

Anyone playing with this yet? Very promising controls. Johnoly's setup file went in smooth. Printer connected.
Just tried the bed leveling feature. I can't get the "low precision" to go down enough to capture the paper? Will this require me to adjust the endstop?
-"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison
Batteau62
Printmaster!

Post by Batteau62 »

Adjusted end stops in Repetier, switched to MC, used level calibration(it touched paper this time). Tried to print the 20mm cube. It seems to work, but then I start the print and it's too close to the bed for the first layer, like it ignored the calibration? I'm liking some things and disliking some things. Print ending notification looks like a cool plus.
Thoughts?
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The auto calibration in MC isn't for deltas. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

Gene you say it is not for deltas but it worked awsome for me this morning when I tried it and made monstrous difference ran the seeme exe that john posted. When I ran thru the calibration sequence mine also during one step didnt hold the paper like it said but I believe that it was because the unit maxed out at 0 but I didnt change the endstops just continued the sequence and ran it. I figured that I would print the lady bust figurine in pla which I have never used till this morning and holy toledo it ran sweet as all get out ill post pic tomorrow laid down immediately and never skipped a beat. Im curious does software allow you to watch on screen I seem to miss where that is, i always seem to have my chin glued to the base watching under the effector instead but reptier you couls see on screen also. Please dont bust my bubble Gene sya it does work just for me.
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Post by Captain Starfish »

Installed and fired it up this morning.

Auto level seems to work fine for deltas. I had one tower's stop slightly off meaning layer 0 tended to lift on one side and disappear on the other but that's stopped now.

I'd like to be able to fine tune a little more, eg my prime on the extruder usually cranks out five times faster than MatterControl wants to play. Jobs are fairly simple to run, though, and all the familiar settings appear to be there.

Simpler interface and a little more appealing visually than Repetier Host. Nice to have Cura integrated.
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

pla 1 attempt.jpg
Aw isn't she transparent hmmm seems familiar.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Captain, since MC uses either Cura or Slic3r under the covers, you should be able to use the configuration you currently use (if you are using one of those slicers) and have exactly the same results.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

Man, I really gotta print me one of those soon...

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

geneb wrote:Man, I really gotta print me one of those soon...

g.
If you've seen one you've seen them all. :)
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

A couple of years ago when SeeMeCNC was just starting up, I bought an H-1. I wrote the manual for the H-1 and Steve and John sent me a few packages of goodies to test. I opened one with my wife standing watching and out popped a flesh colored version of that sculpture that they sent me! That took a little 'splain'n

Cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

mhackney wrote:A couple of years ago when SeeMeCNC was just starting up, I bought an H-1. I wrote the manual for the H-1 and Steve and John sent me a few packages of goodies to test. I opened one with my wife standing watching and out popped a flesh colored version of that sculpture that they sent me! That took a little 'splain'n

Cheers,
Michael
Priceless!
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

Michael: you think you had some "splaining to do 1st time i printed was in Oct right after my son and i finished the Rostock build and boy that didn't go over well at all jeez its just plastic and a bust but you know MOM'S and 11yr olds go, but hey he will be 12 in spent and I never used PLA before so transparent bust away it went. now if i printed it extra large and maybe sprayed silicone rubber on it ( training aid) HA HA. again thanks for your tootalidge on the PLA set up and helping get the beast back up and running. let me know when you get the E3d non bowden style top for me that will be my next upgrade for running Polycarb and some new high test filament.

Ian
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Post by Captain Starfish »

Captain Starfish wrote:
mhackney wrote:Captain, since MC uses either Cura or Slic3r under the covers, you should be able to use the configuration you currently use (if you are using one of those slicers) and have exactly the same results.
Nowhere can you set the feed rate for the manual extruder control.

But yes, fine tuning when I switched back to Slic3r I realised everything had come back and it was Cura that was looking a bit simple as opposed to MatterControl.
I take it back, found it (spanner icon in the manual control area).

But looking at the Cura settings in MC vs the Cura settings in Cura, there's a lot missing. And no ability to select an external slicer version, which is mildly frustrating.
Last edited by Captain Starfish on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
geneb wrote:Man, I really gotta print me one of those soon...

g.
If you've seen one you've seen them all. :)
I believe it's "If you've seen one, you want to see them all". :twisted:
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.

Return to “The Lounge”