Not Round

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
derwoodvw
Printmaster!

Not Round

Post by derwoodvw »

Anything I print that is supposed to be round always prints oval. Even the preloaded blinky on the sd card prints oval.

Orion Printer.

Help......
derwoodvw
Printmaster!

Re: Not Round

Post by derwoodvw »

I talked to john at seemecnc and after changing some settings and a tower calibration, he was stumped. The good news is that the very same day I received a ups return label to ship it back to the factory. They are going to send me a new machine.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

derwoodvw wrote:I talked to john at seemecnc and after changing some settings and a tower calibration, he was stumped. The good news is that the very same day I received a ups return label to ship it back to the factory. They are going to send me a new machine.
Now I would call that pretty good service!
columbia_u2
Plasticator

Post by columbia_u2 »

I just got my Orion and I have the same Issue. Everything prints out oval instead of round. I have sent an email off to support and eagerly await a reply.
derwoodvw
Printmaster!

Post by derwoodvw »

columbia_u2 wrote:I just got my Orion and I have the same Issue. Everything prints out oval instead of round. I have sent an email off to support and eagerly await a reply.
Did the Blinky on the card print oval too? The test print blinky that came with my machine was round, It doesn't make any sense. The first thing I am going to do when the new one comes is print the blinky on the card before I connect it to my computer. Installing the Rambo driver on my pc shouldn't affect the printer, but who knows? It leaves the factory printing properly but for some reason after it connects to the pc, something goes wrong. I am just making a guess.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Their supplier had a bad batch of RAMBO boards that they're scrambling to get 100% swapped out. I wonder if this might be related.
derwoodvw
Printmaster!

Post by derwoodvw »

I don't think it is a mechanical issue. You are probably right about the Rambo board.
columbia_u2
Plasticator

Post by columbia_u2 »

when I printed my blinky I thought it was meant to print out that way. not round. the one tat came with the unit was exactly the same.
derwoodvw
Printmaster!

Post by derwoodvw »

If the blinky that came with it was oval, then someone at the factory dropped the ball.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

derwoodvw wrote:If the blinky that came with it was oval, then someone at the factory dropped the ball.
These printers get shipped all over the world surviving some of the roughest treatment Man has ever created. If you
were inside that box you would come out a little oval also. Rather than pass judgement on someone at the factory
realize that they have no control over the printer once it gets shipped. I wonder how they even print at all after being
dropped, thrown around and mishandled. I purchased an Orion and I have never had a printer print so nicely, some
are not so lucky. Please understand that these printers are assembled and tested at the "factory" by people who care
and do a fine job and leave the snap judgements by the wayside.
columbia_u2
Plasticator

Post by columbia_u2 »

is it possibly a problem with the new firmware in translating g-code?

Return to “Troubleshooting”