Shout out from Denver CO

Introduce yourself to the community!
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Shout out from Denver CO

Post by neurascenic »

Hey all... Great to be a member of this crowd! Been looking in for a while now during my research.

Received my Max the other day and just finished the chassis. Whew! Took me 5 hours just to square everything up... So I think this is going to take longer than the suggested 15 hours. Seems to me there should be a fixture to help square it up all at once. I did have to sand one of the doors down, as it was way too tight of a fit and was throwing one of the towers off (side to side) when it was closed.

I found that cross locking tweezers helped a lot, better so far than the hemostats suggested in the assembly guide. But I already have a few.
http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/527741 ... jpg?ref=l2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Curious about the new arms, seems like I do need to sand them. They are real tight on the u-joint.
Probably my first mod will be magnetic.

On to the skates tomorrow. I think I should call in sick, so I can get this done ;)

I am horribly excited to see my first print, even if it is horrible :?

First order of business after calibration prints will be to create some tool holders for various jewelry tools. Followed up by a robotic spine (well, someday).

Again, I am very excited to be a member.

Cheers from Denver!

Chris Lund
Neurascenic - industrial design and jeweler.
I am a fool entrapped within my own wisdom.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Shout out from Denver CO

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Hi Chris, welcome to the Forum. If you think the build is taking a long time you are in for a surprise.
After the build comes the calibration and it also can be time consuming but that is what is fun for us
kit builders. After all the hours spent and she is printing well you can look back and say, I built this!
If at any time you need help or are unsure about something leave us a message and someone will help
you out. The support for the Rostock Max is phenomenal both at SeeMeCNC.com and here at the Forum.
Happy Printing!
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

Oh Gosh, I did not intend for that to be a complaint! Rather, as statement of fact. I would much rather spend the 5 hours now than in trying to solve the additional issues during tuning! I totally get that this is a labor of love! A continuation ever towards perfection. I do hope, however, that my first prints are at least recognizable with regards to the intended file. :roll:

I chose the Max, not for it's price, but rather the experience. I could have gone with a complete system easy enough, Printing may have been quicker, yet, I think the road to understanding would have take longer, if not non-existent, by buying a completed system. I could have also gone the other route, and scratch built one... well... I want "some" level of understanding first.

So, a Challenging, yet possible first build in kit form... Perfect, even if at times frustrating. Actually, frustrating is really what makes it perfect. forces me to problem solve.

Thank you for the welcome, and yes, you will get questions from me (when I fail at my problem solving)

Cheers!

Christopher Lund
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Not taken as a complaint. You have a great attitude going in and it's the same attitude that makes us all purchase
the Rostock Max, the experience. Once you have the build and the calibration complete you will know the printer
better than anyone purchasing a plug and play printer. If you have the opportunity snag some pictures, create a
build log and send them up, we always like seeing new printers being constructed.
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

My Rostock took about 3 months to build.... Though if you count the hours alone, probably 20. It didn't help that I blew a fuse during PID calibration :)

Oh, and welcome to the forum, I'm new too!
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)
SuperDave42
Plasticator

Post by SuperDave42 »

Right on Chris ! congrats on owning a delta printer.
"I see" said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

Thanks!

I Just got back to building again last night. Been running into a lot of interference.

Looking forward -->

Cheers!
wildideas1
Printmaster!

Post by wildideas1 »

Don't forget i too am in Denver if you need help i believe you already have my number via PM ill help however i can

Ian
neurascenic
Printmaster!

Post by neurascenic »

Ian,

Thanks!... Sorry for disregarding your invite earlier... Lots of interference lately.

For the most part, I am only going to get short bursts of time to work on it. I will do what I can, should I run into trouble, I will be in touch.

Ok, expect it... :D

Cheers!

Chris

Return to “New Member introduction”