Display Upgrade (issue) - Firmware Upgraded - (Resolved)

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Michail1
Plasticator

Display Upgrade (issue) - Firmware Upgraded - (Resolved)

Post by Michail1 »

I have a V3.2 with LCD Display. It's ok.
I just bought a V4 with LCD display and I noticed a few nice things.
-example... LOAD/UNLOAD from the display on the V4 which on the V3.2 you must go back to the computer to click ok.

Just the one example above makes me want to upgrade the V3.2 display to match the features.

I can't seem to find where/how to update the firmware on the displays.

Help?
Last edited by Michail1 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: Display Upgrade

Post by dc42 »

See https://miscsolutions.wordpress.com/paneldue/. However, I suspect the load/unload commands are just macros, so I suggest you first compare the contents of the /macros folder on the SD card of your V3.2 with the same folder on your V4.
Michail1
Plasticator

Re: Display Upgrade

Post by Michail1 »

I have confirmed that the macros are identical.

Also, the firmware is identical on the Duet boards...
Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet
Firmware Electronics: Duet WiFi 1.02 or later
Firmware Version: 2.04RC1 (2019-07-14b1)
WiFi Server Version: 1.22
Web Interface Version: 1.22.6

So, as you suggested, I will be updating the Panel within a day or two to see if this resolves the issue.
Michail1
Plasticator

Re: Display Upgrade -- Completed with Features.

Post by Michail1 »

V3.2 has a 5" PanelDue v3 on Firmware 1.17a
V4 has a 5" PanelDue v3 on Firmware 1.22.1(28b1)
Since I can't find the Logo on boot, I will go with a NoLogo bin file.

Following the directions linked by dc42, I only only needed to download one image. 'PanelDue-v3-5.0-nologo.bin' 118kb
The current firmware on the github as of this writing is 1.23.2

First, download an install the comm software
BOSSA 1.9.1
bossa-x64-1.9.1.msi - Window x64 (64-bit) installer - Yes, on windows

Feed it the file.
Plugged into the first printers micro USB port and nothing. Turns out you have to press the erase button before it will recognize the comm port. Pressed reset. Then press Write on BOSSA. It was so fast, I wasn't sure it did it. So, pressed Write again. To confirm, I pressed verify. Worked.
Did the same for the other printer as well.

Now I am happy to say that both the V3.2 and V4 are at the newest Duet firmware and PanelDue firmware. Control panel operation is identical on the printers. Obviously there is unfortunately no boot logo, but I am ok with that. Note: I did all this live while the printers are in the middle of print jobs (not recommended, but I did it anyway). When the panels restarted, I had to change the configuration (dark theme, invert, and recalibrate the touch) on each. Oh, and the print jobs continued without problem and everything ran smoothly during the entire process.

Also, note... The only reason I went through all of this was that I could load/unload on the V4 directly from the panel where I couldn't do so on the V3.2.

Happy to report that I can now load/unload filament on both printers directly from the panel instead of being required to use a computer to click OK on the Duet web page.
dc42
Printmaster!

Re: Display Upgrade (issue) - Firmware Upgraded - (Resolved)

Post by dc42 »

If you do want to add a logo when PanelDue starts up, the instructions for doing so are at https://github.com/dc42/PanelDueFirmwar ... /Readme.md.
Michail1
Plasticator

Re: Display Upgrade (issue) - Firmware Upgraded - (Resolved)

Post by Michail1 »

Thank you. I saw that. I simply didn't (and still don't) have the original image to add to it. I may consider adding it the next time I update the firmware in both panels; however, since it's working now, I will leave it alone.

Thank you dc42.

Return to “Troubleshooting”