V2 Firmware Questions

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
Bobsled
Noob

V2 Firmware Questions

Post by Bobsled »

Hey guys,

I bought a Rostock Max V2 secondhand from someone. It came installed with an E3Dv6, but the firmware was never updated to get temps above 240c. I now need to update the firmware to get the proper temperatures for different materials. I found the repetier firmware on the seemecnc github. I edited the setting "#define EXT0_TEMPSENSOR_TYPE" to 8. I am wondering if there is anything else i need to edit in the firmware. There is a section where you are supposed to select your hotend, but I am not using one of seemecnc's hotends so I'm wondering if that is going to conflict or make a difference.

Another problem... When i try and upload the firmware, i get this error message: avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM5": Access is denied.
avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

I have googled this error and none of the solutions i have found have worked for me. I tried going into the com port settings and making sure the baudrate was the same as the printers. I tried reinstalling the rambo drivers. Don't know what to try next.

The printer has been working beautifully with PLA so far.

Thanks!
-Bobsled
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Re: V2 Firmware Questions

Post by Tincho85 »

If you want to heat above 240ºc then change these lines:

Code: Select all

#define MAXTEMP 290
#define MIN_DEFECT_TEMPERATURE -10
#define MAX_DEFECT_TEMPERATURE 300
#define UI_SET_MAX_EXTRUDER_TEMP 290
As for the error, you could try with an older version of Arduino IDE, 1.6.0 always worked for me.
Martín S.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Also, if you get "Access denied". Make sure to disconnect Repetier Host, MC or any other control program from the board.
Martín S.
Bobsled
Noob

Post by Bobsled »

Tincho85 wrote:Also, if you get "Access denied". Make sure to disconnect Repetier Host, MC or any other control program from the board.

Thanks for the answer. To disconnect repetier host, are you just talking about shutting down the service? What is MC? probably noob questions... sorry.
Bobsled
Noob

Post by Bobsled »

Nevermind! Thanks for your help. I stopped the service and I am able to upload the firmware. Again, thanks for the help.
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Sorry Bob, by MC I meant Matter Control. If you have the printer connected to a host program, Arduino IDE won't work.
I'm glad it's working now, happy to help.
Martín S.

Return to “Troubleshooting”