Hello from Spain!

Introduce yourself to the community!
OiD
Plasticator

Hello from Spain!

Post by OiD »

Hi all!

Just picked up a semi built Rostock Max and finished it. Been all week testing and calibrating it, lots of fun ;)

Even though it's summer here the first upgrade was a 24V (set to 19V) power supply as I couldn't get over 80ºC with nice 10AWG wires. I only have ABS so it was a critical upgrade :lol:

Well, I've already been poking around the forum the whole week, thanks for all the info :idea:

Now to see if I can get better than 0.5% dimensions :?
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Re: Hello from Spain!

Post by Tincho85 »

Hello and welcome!!! I'm half Spanish here :P My dad is from Guernica.
The 24v bed upgrade is one of the best mods you can give to your Rostock Max.

Have fun and happy printing.
Martín S.
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Welcome to the forums. I'm curious if your max is a V2 or V3. It sounds like you have a goal in mind with the pursuit of that sort of accuracy, so I wish you interesting but untroubling pursuit of it.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
OiD
Plasticator

Post by OiD »

Hi :)

Yeah, i'd like to make some nice mechanical parts... If I can get the printer working properly!!!

It's a V1 Max that a friend bought and never finished it. So many upgrades...

Nothing is untroubling about it! But then... its a FDM Delta printer... what was to be expected... :lol:
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

Heh. I've gotten to the point that when I'm not upgrading it (Which has mostly stopped out of a lack of upgrades to do), that it gives less trouble than a Taz 6 (Or 18, since I end up taking care of a rather large lab full of students using them). Eventually it will either mostly settle out (Or you won't notice the issues), or you'll get frustrated enough to either throw parts at it, or throw it's parts at the wall. I don't think many of use deny that they can have problems.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
PartDaddy
Printmaster!

Post by PartDaddy »

Our current product, the RMAX V3, is not comparable to our original V1. There have been many improvements since our humble delta beginnings in 2012. Thank you for posting.
~PartDaddy
SeeMeCNC Owner & Founder
Blackpoint Engineering is SeeMeCNC
Since 1996
OiD
Plasticator

Post by OiD »

Well I picked it up pretty cheap and yeah, it's V1. The hardware works fine, already have new dual extruders and hotends on the way. Currently I'm having bed issues after removing the glass to clean it and wanted to get Autolevel and autocalibration running (http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12101)
ripacheco
Plasticator

Post by ripacheco »

Que bién hombre!
¿Todavia feliz con tu Rostock Max?

Return to “New Member introduction”