Firmware 20170201 not valid for my MAX v2

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
THLycanthrope
Noob

Firmware 20170201 not valid for my MAX v2

Post by THLycanthrope »

I messed up the settings on my MAX v2 (July 2015 Kit) and decided that I'm just going to start over with the newest software and do a full calibration.

The Firmware 20170201 has a nice #define PRINTER 2 line, however,
* it's not using the same arm length
* the Z height is wrong
* it thinks I have accelorometers that I don't have

Code: Select all

<-iis2dh accelerometer initializing...
<-
<-accelerometer send i2c error.
<-
<-accelerometer i2c recv error.
* and I'm not seeing a way to manually "Calibrate Z Height"

PID had to change, but that's normal.

I guess I'll find a way to dig the code out of the old Firmware and put it back.
But it would be great if you had options for all of the builds and not just the most recent.
nytcrawlr
Noob

Re: Firmware 20170201 not valid for my MAX v2

Post by nytcrawlr »

Been wrestling with similar issues. installed a BLTouch on my V2 and its been working fine with older revisions, but not so much their latest. I know a lot has been customized, so I think my next step is to go vanilla Repetier and just transfer specific config settings I need over to keep it clean. Somewhat time consuming initially, but easily maintainable going forward.
Johncoffee
Printmaster!

Post by Johncoffee »

nytcrawlr wrote:Been wrestling with similar issues. installed a BLTouch on my V2 and its been working fine with older revisions, but not so much their latest. I know a lot has been customized, so I think my next step is to go vanilla Repetier and just transfer specific config settings I need over to keep it clean. Somewhat time consuming initially, but easily maintainable going forward.
Could you post any details how you did this? e.g. what Repetier FW? And how you connected? Thanks a lot!

Interestingly I can't find a lot of information how to use the BL touch sensor with a Rostock Max (V2) printer. Wondering why not....
derzaubererer
Printmaster!

Post by derzaubererer »

I just updated to the newest firmware and my FSRs dont work anymore it just spams the Accelerometer error all the way
<-accelerometer i2c recv error.
any way i can use my fsrs with this build or is this not doable?
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I suspect there's probably too much customization in the SeeMeCNC branch of Repetier at this point. You could try reaching out to PouncingIguana and see what he says - he's the author of the changes.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
pouncingiguana
Printmaster!

Post by pouncingiguana »

It's possible to use a FSR, but you're gonna have to hack into the code to make it work as the current version of the firmware has been customized to run the HE280. If you want to do it, you'll want to comment out anywhere that's looking for the the accellerometer.
derzaubererer
Printmaster!

Post by derzaubererer »

Ok guys i fried my firmware and the only thing that was working for me was this branch
https://github.com/seemecnc/Repetier-091-ROSTOCKMAX
with some minor tweaks i used the jerk and horizontal radius settings from the newest rostock repetier and it did some wonders on X/Y accuraccy
but i got really tired of this whole firmware stuff and ordered a duett and iam currently waiting for it cant wait for it to arrive:)

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”