Repetier firmware for RoMax V2

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
kwixson
Plasticator

Repetier firmware for RoMax V2

Post by kwixson »

Having trouble with the latest release of the firmware. On a V2 the temps keep flipping to "def" for no good reason. I can restart the machine, set the temps with the encoder, start a print off the SD card, and at some point soon after it starts printing the LCD reads "def' where the current temps should be and the heaters turn off. Can't restart the temp until a power cycle. Same happens if I heat and then try to do something like set the Z height. Also happens when printing (or doing much of anything) from the computer.
joe
Printmaster!

Re: Repetier firmware for RoMax V2

Post by joe »

Def is cause by a thermistor interruption. One of the thermistors have either shorted (the wires touched each other) or temporarily lost connection somewhere. Check the wiring. It is not a firmware issue. The firmware just shuts down the heaters when the fault is triggered to prevent a runaway over heat.
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Post by DeltaCon »

I think this could be caused by default values in the firmware that do not take your specific setup into account. When you start the machine, what are the temps without starting any heater? Does that show some "real life" values? Like 20C for ambient temp? And if you start a heater, does the temp rise in the display? (try one by one). I think there is a safety measure in place, that if a temp does not rise within a few seconds after starting a heater, the system shuts down DEF. That would happen if you start the wrong heater because it is not configured right in your firmware (or connected differently than in a default machine).
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

DeltaCon wrote:I think this could be caused by default values in the firmware that do not take your specific setup into account. When you start the machine, what are the temps without starting any heater? Does that show some "real life" values? Like 20C for ambient temp? And if you start a heater, does the temp rise in the display? (try one by one). I think there is a safety measure in place, that if a temp does not rise within a few seconds after starting a heater, the system shuts down DEF. That would happen if you start the wrong heater because it is not configured right in your firmware (or connected differently than in a default machine).

Perhaps you are getting confused with a dec (decoupled) error.
kwixson
Plasticator

Post by kwixson »

joe wrote:Def is cause by a thermistor interruption. One of the thermistors have either shorted (the wires touched each other) or temporarily lost connection somewhere. Check the wiring. It is not a firmware issue. The firmware just shuts down the heaters when the fault is triggered to prevent a runaway over heat.
You were right. It is something physical, not software. Not sure what yet, but I was able to replicate the error by just fiddling with the wiring harness. it was just coincidental that I encountered the problem at the same time I changed the firmware. Thanks for the assist.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”