Discontinued???

The ERIS Delta, a truly affordable entry into Delta 3D Printing
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Discontinued???

Post by Mac The Knife »

While showing a coworker the SeeMeCNC webstore, I was surprised to see that the Eris has been discontinued. It had some teething pains at first, but I didn't figure it to be that much of a problem child.

After I installed springs on the arms to take up the lash, and re adjusted settings in the firmware for the calibration rates, it has been printing pretty satisfactorily for me.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Axlspinedoc
Plasticator

Re: Discontinued???

Post by Axlspinedoc »

In fact a sad notice :(
I recently got one and without any modifications I have been really happy with it.

Hey, can you share a photo of the springs? Sounds like a nice mod to consider.
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

I'll post up a picture of them tonight. And I'll try and find my firmware file for it as well. Once I took out the slop with the springs, I had to make some changes, I think to the sensor sensitivity?, so that the auto calibration worked.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I'm not privy as to why they've been discontinued, but rumor has it you'll soon be able to buy a controller-less Eris kit for $349. Assembly docs are going to be exploded-view drawings.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Switching from the RamBo to the Duet for the big printers, prolly stubbed someone's toes,,, and perhaps minimized the price break SeeMeCNC got for the Mini RamBo.
DC42 will just have to come up with a mini Duet,,,, or just run the Eris on an umbilical cord from a controller brick,,,,, put the powersupply in the base of the printer.

Electrical noise would prolly raise hell with the calibration.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Here's the picture for the springs,,,, see my other thread for the McMaster-Carr part number,,,, and I had to snip the ends to change them from a loop, to a hook.
Also attached is the eeprom file,,,,, I think that's where I made the changes for the auto calibration? change .txt, to .epr when you download it.
Attachments
Lash Springs.jpg
Eris 6-21-17.txt
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
Emtwo
Noob

Post by Emtwo »

I just purchased an ERIS from ebay. It was being used as a store display model and had about 25 hrs on it. Serial Number 00037.

So I'm trying to nail down the specs and make sure it has the latest firmware installed. I understand that as a store display unit that NO mods were made. With such a small serial number I expect here to have been some changes made that I should incorporate.

I have used G28 and G29. Auto cal seems to work fine. First layer sticks, and the unit is 80% thru my first benchy. I can already tell retraction needs to be adjusted. Got some strings that a heat gun will knock off.

I have not used the web calibration because I'm pretty sure I don't have the newest firmware.

So question I have are:
1) what nozzle diameter is on this unit? 0.5 mm or 0.4 mm?
2) what smart controllers can I use with this? Just the text only unit SEEMECNC sells, or will a RepRap Full Graphic Smart Controller work?
3) what steps need to be taken to install a smart controller.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The stock Eris has a 0.5mm nozzle. It wasn't designed with a display in mind, so you're basically on your own there - the Eris firmware has all the display code turned off. I think the controller board used is a Mini-RAMBo.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Milamber
Printmaster!

Post by Milamber »

That's a shame. I've got number 31. My first printer and it still prints like a champ. The only thing I've done to it was replace the print head and put an ez extruder on it.
It's not how fast you print, it's how well you print fast!

Return to “ERIS Delta”