Makerjuice G+

Resins, sources, hybrid mixes, made-at-home and more
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Makerjuice G+

Post by johnoly99 »

Been testing more with the G+ formula from makerjuice, and so far the red, yellow and green all are printing nicely. Yellow looks almost transparent, red looks awesome as always, and green is pretty close to grass green filament. The green seemed a little bit more touchy to cure times/settings, so red/yellow are seeming to be the most 'universal' as far as ease of use
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Makerjuice G+

Post by mhackney »

Do you cure the part in the Droplit using the projector or with an external curing "oven"?

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
sgraber
Printmaster!

Post by sgraber »

The part will come out cured. You need to wash it off with isopropanol and let it dry. You can either further cure it by buying a cheap UV fingernail oven off Ebay or you can set it out in the sun. :)
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

sgraber wrote:The part will come out cured. You need to wash it off with isopropanol and let it dry. You can either further cure it by buying a cheap UV fingernail oven off Ebay or you can set it out in the sun. :)
I understand that, if left under sun (wavelenght > 400nm), the resin will turn yellowish. I had said that, for preserving all clarity, the UV wavelength should be <300 nm.t

I had another (*caugh*) SLA printer and, at least with clear resin, it gets all yellowish if post-cured at sunlight. What I do not know is if this true for all resins, or not. I am just starting to get the grasp of SLA ;-)

If not, then a good UV oven is in need. I would go for LED UV (I'd seen 263nm UV leds) instead a bulb.

Lots of fun! (even though I am NOT a Beta Tester!! (yes, I missed the boat ... yes, I am anxious for the new boat) :-)
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

sgraber wrote:The part will come out cured. You need to wash it off with isopropanol and let it dry. You can either further cure it by buying a cheap UV fingernail oven off Ebay or you can set it out in the sun. :)

Hey! I just realized that you KNOW about resins! :-)

So, for dropLit, is it not need to post-cure it? why not?

Also, is it the same to use a UV bulb than a LED? or one is better than other (I prefer LED than Bulbs, but only for the "easiness" of use)

Thanks for your answers!
sgraber
Printmaster!

Post by sgraber »

Post curing certainly won't hurt it, and you can either buy a dedicated UV fingernail curing box (LED or CF; doesn't matter really) or just stick the parts out in the sun as both will do the same thing. Washing the parts really well in fresh isopropanol really will take care of the bulk of the uncured resin.

Return to “Resin Materials”