eSUN cleaning filament

Discuss filament successes and failures!
Windshadow
Printmaster!

eSUN cleaning filament

Post by Windshadow »

I ran across a CES item extolling the virtues of this supposed "fixes all problem with extrusion " stuff

color me skeptical here is the their condensed BUMPFH from their amazon listing but i thought i would ask here if any of the experts here have found a use for it it seems very expensive considering you don't actually print with it
**Improved diameter**
Industry's first 3D Printer Cleaning Filament used to clean up residues inside extruders. Just like oil-change for your car. Maintenance is important to the longevity and functionality of extruders.

Excellent heat stability. Wide cleaning temperature range of 150 to 260 Celsius. Not easy to degrade in the heat. Using cleaning filament can prevent nozzle plugging during transition between high and low temperature materials. Color: White semi-transparent Weight: 0.1kg Length: about 120 Feet
Patent Pending

Reasons eSUN filament stand out:

* eSUN filament has very good temperature stability. This is very important in order to print out smoother, prettier product.
* eSUN uses only pure, new raw materials. No recycled materials are used.

* Best of all, ESUN has a very strong and capable research group and has been introducing new products to market every quarters. We keep our customers engaged in product trials and development. If you are interested in trial testing, please let us know. Here are a list of products we offer:
PLA/ABS -- 20 colors to choose from
PVA
HIPS
COLOR-CHANGING
FLEX (bio-degradable)
CLEANING -- ESUN is the Inventor
PETG -- Leading the adoption of PETG worldwide, 9 colors available.
BRONZE -- Popular bronzefill filament
WOOD
ePC -- A renewed PolyCarbonate filament, fire proof
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: eSUN cleaning filament

Post by Xenocrates »

I mostly use it to de-crud after I torch a nozzle, or between different filaments. It turns clear once heated, so you can easily seen when you've pushed the char or old filament out, and it supposedly has a slight abrasive, which helps it loosen up the char.

And here's something that's nice about it. You manually feed as much as you need. I've used maybe 12 inches total over numerous filament swaps, nozzles swaps (since I use hardened steel nozzles on an E3D, I tend to clean them before their first use), and torchings. That one little roll you get from say E3D will last an eternity, since you use a small amount, only when you actually need the nozzle cleaned for some reason. Some may need to clean it more than others. Some may only clean it after a spools been used up.

A note for convenience, if you don't want to load it through the whole bowden tube and have an E3D, the PTFE liner from the stock hotend is actually perfect for this purpose, as it gives you about an inch above the top of the hotend, and will keep the filament mostly straight. :lol:
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001

Return to “Filament”