White ABS

Discuss filament successes and failures!
mwbinger
Plasticator

White ABS

Post by mwbinger »

I built my Rostock Max v2 in December of 2014 and have been using the Blue ABS sold by SeeMeCNC ever since then. I decided to switch over to the white ABS also from SeeMeCNC and used the same settings as originally provided by SeeMeCNC in the instruction manual. These settings (228 nozzle 80 bed) worked great for the blue abs but every print I have tried with the white abs has had bed adhesion issues and broken free before completing the print. My question is what settings should I try and adjust first? From previous forum posts I've gathered that every filament can be different and the nozzle or bed temps may need adjusted but I was wondering if anyone has a solid method for this or else has pre verified settings the white abs. Thanks!
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: White ABS

Post by Nylocke »

Try nudging the bed temp up a bit, something like 90-95
JFettig
Printmaster!

Post by JFettig »

Are you using glue or hairspray or something similar to promote better adhesion? don't forget to do that!
Tincho85
Printmaster!

Post by Tincho85 »

Agree, try with more temp.
ABS juce works great.
Do you use brims? It helps when prints have small contact area.

BTW, It's incredible that you can print with the bed at 80ºc. I can't print any color of ABS if the bed isn't at least 100ºc
Martín S.
mwbinger
Plasticator

Post by mwbinger »

Thanks for the suggestions! I bumped the bed temp up to 95C and that did the trick. Forgot to mention that I was and still am using Kapton tape on the glass build plate.
jram
Printmaster!

Post by jram »

I know that this response is a bit late but I've been printing exclusively with the seeme white ABS and have it printing nicely.
Settings:
253c (Prints great with the E3d v6 which is what I'm using
Bed 95-100
Adhesion: Purple glue stick then ABS juice over the top right before printing.
I also print a 6 loop skirt 0.1 away from the piece, this really seems to help.
Machines- Rostock Max v2 with E3D v6, Corsair 750 power supply, PEI bed,injection molded carriages and new arms. Aluminum mount. X carve with x controller. Stratasys Uprint SE
mwbinger
Plasticator

Post by mwbinger »

Well thanks for your input. Better late than never! I will have to try your settings and see if that further improves my results!

Return to “Filament”