The "Taulman Toolbox"

Discuss filament successes and failures!
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

The "Taulman Toolbox"

Post by Nylocke »

Taulman is apparently releasing 6 new filaments. I've only seen 2 of them for sale, the Trian and PCTPE, but there are 4 others that appear to not be for sale yet. Article here: http://www.3ders.org/articles/20140822- ... arter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tritan is basically Polycarb's brother that prints easier and is pretty much the same strength, rigidity, etc, all at lower print temperatures from what I can tell.

PCTPE is like Ninjaflex meets Taulman Nylon. Its very flexible and strong, but it doesnt stretch much at all. Also lower temps (220-230)

ARCBio PLA is pretty much a replacement for PET that's way more environmentally friendly (biodegradable), but optically clear. Its about 5-10% stronger than PET from what I've heard.

680 FDA (680 Nylon hypetrain!) Pretty much just awesome. Its Taulman's strongest Nylon they've made yet, it prints at lower temps, and lower warp tendency. Basically probably the coolest thing ever to happen to Nylon and 3D printing

TechG is Taulman's new PETG polymer. Pretty much an improvement on the existing PETG materials out there. Optically clear, and you can even trace back to its manufacturing origins.

BioG is pretty much the same thing as TechG printing and performance wise, but its considerably more biodegradable.

Maybe this is old news, the kickstarter did end back in September.. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... or=7838566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Also, in the kickstarter video Taulman is using an Orion for the last 3-4 filaments!)
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: The "Taulman Toolbox"

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Thanks for the info! It may be fun to try the 6 different filaments (if I can afford them) :)
bdjohns1
Printmaster!

Post by bdjohns1 »

Eaglezsoar wrote:Thanks for the info! It may be fun to try the 6 different filaments (if I can afford them) :)
I've got orders in for the Tritan and PCTPE - 2 lbs of each (tritan is $30/1lb spool, PCTPE was $22.50/1lb). That was special pricing (I think) for backers of the Kickstarter campaign, even though it didn't succeed.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Is that why only the 2 are available on the Taulman site? If so that's unfortunate, they looked promising.
Glacian22
Printmaster!

Post by Glacian22 »

I would LOVE to try out some Tritan! Low warp, super high strength? What's not to like, right?
jmpreuss
Printmaster!

Post by jmpreuss »

Nylocke wrote:Is that why only the 2 are available on the Taulman site? If so that's unfortunate, they looked promising.
He tried a kickstarter that failed, which is why he only went with the two most popular (I guess he needed a commitment for a minimum order or the economics didn't work out).
PTMNBN="Printer that must not be named" - a heavily upgraded Replicator 2
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Darn. I really wanted to try out some of those materials (680, stronger than other printing nylons, lower temp printing, lower warping, pretty cool)

I hope he tries again sometime. If I hear about it I'd back it.

Return to “Filament”