Microcenter Inland Filament is the same as Toy builder labs.

Discuss filament successes and failures!
Proto
Printmaster!

Re: Microcenter Inland Filament is the same as Toy builder l

Post by Proto »

A quick question to everyone outside of SE Michigan

Is your MicroCenter still stocking this filament? Or has it been disappearing off of the shelves? (ie. being sold and not replaced)

When I started purchasing this filament my MicroCenter had 100s of rolls of this brand. In various materials and colors. The last time I was there (a week or so) they had barely 20 rolls.

I was wondering if they are phasing this brand out? Or is the manufacturer having issues keeping up? Just Curious.
This Space for RENT --- PM me for info --- :roll: :lol:

My build thread - http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6981" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OG build thread - http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jram
Printmaster!

Post by jram »

I'm in Minneapolis and Microcenter still stocks Inland. However, I did notice the other day that they are now stocking Solidmade. Their clear/natural pla is great, especially for 18.99 per roll.
Machines- Rostock Max v2 with E3D v6, Corsair 750 power supply, PEI bed,injection molded carriages and new arms. Aluminum mount. X carve with x controller. Stratasys Uprint SE
Tonkabot
Printmaster!

Post by Tonkabot »

I now get my filament at the Minneapolis Microcenter. It is less expensive than anything else I can find.

My GF almost bought me the Makerbot replicator 2X from Microcenter in March last year, but I told her I needed to do more comparing before I committed to that one.
I looked around and decide the rostock max was going to be better for me (and cheaper for us). They have had printers and filament since then.
every time I am in there they have a different selection of filament it seems, and this last time I was there they had no makerbots but a couple other brands of printers [running].
originally they had the makerbot replicator and replicator 2x, and the scanner thing.

I have printed both PLA and ABS from there, with no problems. I have bought 6 spools from there - from $15 to $20 each for 1 kilogram spools. They stuff that is 'printer specific' is much more expensive (like 4x in cost/Kg), although I have seen some pretty cool looking ones like translucent [red and others] and glow in the dark.
jram
Printmaster!

Post by jram »

Tonkabot wrote:I now get my filament at the Minneapolis Microcenter. It is less expensive than anything else I can find.

My GF almost bought me the Makerbot replicator 2X from Microcenter in March last year, but I told her I needed to do more comparing before I committed to that one.
I looked around and decide the rostock max was going to be better for me (and cheaper for us). They have had printers and filament since then.
every time I am in there they have a different selection of filament it seems, and this last time I was there they had no makerbots but a couple other brands of printers [running].
originally they had the makerbot replicator and replicator 2x, and the scanner thing.

I have printed both PLA and ABS from there, with no problems. I have bought 6 spools from there - from $15 to $20 each for 1 kilogram spools. They stuff that is 'printer specific' is much more expensive (like 4x in cost/Kg), although I have seen some pretty cool looking ones like translucent [red and others] and glow in the dark.
Yeah, their filament prices are great! If you haven't picked up a roll of the natural PLA, I highly recommend getting a roll, it prints beautifully at 188-192. I think I know the translucent red you're talking about, I've had my eye on that but I think it was priced at 47 or 49.00.
Machines- Rostock Max v2 with E3D v6, Corsair 750 power supply, PEI bed,injection molded carriages and new arms. Aluminum mount. X carve with x controller. Stratasys Uprint SE
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

The flagship store is in Houston and they keep a nice stock of the Inland filament on hand and tell me they plan to keep it as their "store brand" so it should be stocked at all Microcenters from what they tell me. They are looking to make a bigger push in 3D printing this year and the corporate guy i spoke with said they would be stocking more filament choices in 2015. I guess we are starting to see that now based on the posts above. I am glad to see a national chain showing interest in 3D printing. The more folks get into this hobby/tech the better it is for everyone I think.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I really wish MicroCenter would open up a store in the south Puget Sound...

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

The Boston Microcenter has plenty of Inland filament. If you do not see what you want, just ask someone to look in the back. I usually have to do that. I've tried Inland PETG material, and it works pretty well. A bit stringy and has a hard time bridging to fill across infill. Need some more work on the settings and it might become my favorite to print with over PLA.
The BONE ZONE build thread.

Return to “Filament”