Ninjaflex

Discuss filament successes and failures!
Twac1
Printmaster!

Ninjaflex

Post by Twac1 »

So I've been doing some test prints with ninjaflex and it seems to be bonding to itself well and of course sticking to my bed good. Only thing is I feel like I should either turn up the flow rate above 100 on the controller or in matter control as it seems to somet leave voids? Anyone work through this before? I would like to print a full phone case if I can get more solidity
joe
Printmaster!

Re: Ninjaflex

Post by joe »

Yes, increasing the the flow rate works well. I am at 1.15 extrusion multiplier for ninja flex. Print on a cold bed too.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

I haven't done alot of printing with ninjaflex, but I'd expect to have to set the extrusion multiplie slightly over 1. The compression of the filament effectively changes the radius of the drive gear slightly. This also happens with ABS over PLA, but it's very subtle in that case.
Twac1
Printmaster!

Post by Twac1 »

So the flowrate of 1.15 works well until... for some reason on two prints at different times I've clogged up somehow? It puts a kink in the filliment and ruins it. Ran great for an hour, then got stuck. I tried to pause it and clear the clog but when I pause 15 seconds later there is no option to restart? Temps at 225c
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

Where does it kink? What extruder are you using? I run at 235c for the hotend.
Twac1
Printmaster!

Post by Twac1 »

Kinks in the Bowden tube, or looks like it when I retract it
Is the 235 your running verified with external meter?
joe
Printmaster!

Post by joe »

Yes, my hotend is verified. You will not be able to do retracts like you would with normal filament. In fact turn your retraction to 0 and increase your xy non printing movement to 200mm/s. it will cut down stringing.
Twac1
Printmaster!

Post by Twac1 »

Thanks for all the help! Going much better now! Next challenge NYLON
Twac1
Printmaster!

Post by Twac1 »

so I thought I had it down. I don't... I was able to improve my outcome by slowing the speed down to 15mms and increasing the flow to 1.15, but I designed a phone bumper and on the top layer where there is an overhang to go around the phone I am having issues. with support the ninjaflex just flat out sticks to itself way to good and the supports seem to not be close enough in span to support it well. any tips for supports or do I just need to do better design?

Return to “Filament”