Mattercontrol Touch Sync?

comds
Plasticator

Mattercontrol Touch Sync?

Post by comds »

Is there a way to sync settings (printers, quality presets, material presets, options, Macros, and library) from my desktop to the tablet? I was under the impression there where "cloud" based system. and nothing seems to go from one system to another at all.

Also is there a way to remote control the tablet? Like a VNC or remote desktop? As I do most of my design work from remote location.
Falk3r
Prints-a-lot

Re: Mattercontrol Touch Sync?

Post by Falk3r »

Looking for the same answer; just unboxed the MatterControl Tablet today. Had to rebuild my settings profiles there; I'm really hoping there's a way to "push" gcode from my desktop over wifi to the Tablet. Otherwise, what was the point again? To use a small touch-screen to try to do the same thing I could do from the comfort of my PC?

[EDIT] I am slowly learning. If you sign your desktop MatterControl into the same account as your Tablet MatterControl App, they both share the same "Cloud Library". Unfortunately, I don't see a way to process a model into G-Code and then just push that out to the printer. You'll have to share the *.STL (or like) and let the Tablet process it locally. This is a problem for enormously detailed models which will crash the tablet presently (issue reported to MatterHackers).

Return to “MatterControl”