MatterContol will not even run on my Laptop

Ken Kenn
Noob

MatterContol will not even run on my Laptop

Post by Ken Kenn »

Hello, I am new to this forum and could use some help. I loaded the software on my laptop and the program will startup but if I try to use it will lockup and shutdown. I have reloaded the program 3 times but still does not work. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank Ken.
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Re: MatterContol will not even run on my Laptop

Post by IMBoring25 »

I had that problem on my machine when it was running Windows 7. The 10 update resolved it, but not until after I had it up and running with Repetier Host. It's not the all-inclusive interface MC is and setting EEPROM values takes manually writing some not-immediately-obvious gcode, but it does work.
Ken Kenn
Noob

Post by Ken Kenn »

Thank you for your reply . I have been operating cnc machines for the last 14 years and can read and write G-code like a book. So will I have to upgrade to Windows 10 in order to run these host programs. I am not sold on 10 yet as I have a lot of older musicians hardware that 10 does not support as of yet. Thanks Ken.
Outsider
Printmaster!

Post by Outsider »

I run mine on Win7 ultimate. It ran fine first time. I have never had a problem.
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Post by Captain Starfish »

I'm using it on a mac, which works pretty much straight out of the box. But I seem to remember there was some kind of driver install you had to do to get it talking properly on Windows. Anyone?

I'll mention, too, that the guys at MatterHackers are pretty responsive and super helpful if asked.

[email protected]

Send 'em a description of the issue, config you have etc and see what they say.
Outsider
Printmaster!

Post by Outsider »

yup. I had to install the Rambo USB driver from the SeeMeCNC site.
IMBoring25
Printmaster!

Post by IMBoring25 »

I won't say the 10 upgrade will fix it for you. I think I've seen some say it actually broke it for them. I was just relating my experience with my particular hardware.
Ken Kenn
Noob

Post by Ken Kenn »

Thank you all for the replies. Being I am new to 3d printing I am sure I will have a million questions. Thank you all Ken.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

There are some video chipsets that have problematic OpenGL drivers. That's what causes MC to crash on you. This happens to me with a 19" Toshiba laptop I have.

Repetier Host has the same EEPROM setting functionality that MatterControl has. No hand-crafted g-code is required.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “MatterControl”