Extreme Retracts!

ZionPhil
Printmaster!

Extreme Retracts!

Post by ZionPhil »

MatterSlice has been great for me, but recently on the last 2 prints it has been generating some EXTREME RETRACTS. On the first print, it was doing some extremely fast retracts, like as fast as the stepper motor can turn and by a distance of at least 80mm! The 2nd print with a completely different STL, did such a great retract that it backed the filament completely out of the nozzle and past the EZStruder knurl nut ( I am Air Struding that's only a distance of about 100mm or more).

As anyone had this experience? MatterSlice Retract settings below:

[img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff14 ... 812d38.png[/img]
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Extreme Retracts!

Post by Polygonhell »

Look at the generated GCode, it should be doing a G92 E0 between layers.
The default for the firmware is absolute E and if it's not reset it can wrap and cause the issue you are describing.
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

Did you fix your issue? My printer started doing this randomly after adding some led lights and fans. The code looks good so I think it is caused by wire noise going to the stepper motor. I tried tying back the 12 v power lines away from stepper motor cables, and it got better. I still hear the extreme retracts (1 or 2) during my printing.
techstorage
Printmaster!

Post by techstorage »

I ended up moving my side fan to the same side I get the 12v from and without having the power cable going across the back of the controller card, my quick retraction have all stopped.

Return to “MatterControl”