S3D Version 2.1.0 Released

Forum for all things related to Simplify 3D Software
heathenx
Printmaster!

S3D Version 2.1.0 Released

Post by heathenx »

Evidently Simplify 3D version 2.1.0 has been released. The software wasn't able to detect the update so one will have to grab it from http://www.simplify3d.com/downloads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You'll need your software key. There are some small improvements over version 2.0.1 on the software side. On calibration cubes I can't tell the difference between the old version and the new so nothing has changed regarding my own print quality.
Attachments
Clip2.png
Clip1.png
jmpreuss
Printmaster!

Re: S3D Version 2.1.0 Released

Post by jmpreuss »

I haven't had much time to play with the most recent update but there is now a built in configuration for the Orion and it seems to have the correct dimensions (there was a discussion earlier on how the instructions to determine the bed size on delta's was wrong).
PTMNBN="Printer that must not be named" - a heavily upgraded Replicator 2
joecnc2006
Printmaster!

Post by joecnc2006 »

I'm still debating if the cost is worth it, currently I use Cura and Repetier-host
Joe
http://www.joescnc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
heathenx
Printmaster!

Post by heathenx »

I read that discussion somewhere. I start my profiles with the Rostock Max settings and then modify them and save the profile. Instead of the default 260mm bed size, I use 198mm. That 198mm size came from that discussion, I believe. I'm not sure what the Orion users need to do.

If you're satisfied with your results with any other slicer than I wouldn't bother with S3D. I'm the opposite. Although, I get pretty good prints from Slic3r and Cura, I feel I get better prints with S3D. A little bit of personal preference in there too. S3D has some other nifty features I like.
artexmg
Printmaster!

Post by artexmg »

heathenx wrote:I read that discussion somewhere. I start my profiles with the Rostock Max settings and then modify them and save the profile. Instead of the default 260mm bed size, I use 198mm. That 198mm size came from that discussion, I believe. I'm not sure what the Orion users need to do.

If you're satisfied with your results with any other slicer than I wouldn't bother with S3D. I'm the opposite. Although, I get pretty good prints from Slic3r and Cura, I feel I get better prints with S3D. A little bit of personal preference in there too. S3D has some other nifty features I like.
I think it was my post :-)
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... =30#p32890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found out that the bed is incorrectly sized with the default settings from S3D.

Cheers!

Return to “Simplify3D”