Tower Rotation Calibration, not 90,210,330

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
Aehandasa
Plasticator

Tower Rotation Calibration, not 90,210,330

Post by Aehandasa »

Hello,

I followed this tutorial for rotation calibration, and chocked when found that my alpha angles are 90.5, 207, 333 instead of 90,210,330. I tried to try modifying these angles in EEPROM but found no logic in results. So please let me know how to fix/calibrate that with a logical sequence.

Regards
Attachments
alpha.jpg
Aehandasa
Plasticator

Re: Tower Rotation Calibration, not 90,210,330

Post by Aehandasa »

I made some try&error test manually yesterday with changing the angles randomly. Legend is
v x.xx : this point is under zero by x.xx mm
^ x.xx: this point is above zero by x.xx mm

Still I don't know the effect of changing one or more angle, but found the level of more than one point changes related to one angle change.

Ant explanation or guidance ?
Attachments
3d_alpha.jpg
RegB
Printmaster!

Post by RegB »

Disclaimer; The following is GUESSWORK, since I have NOT attempted any tower alignment on my Rostock V2.

With that said, just thinking through this I doubt that I could physically rotate the towers themselves.
I might be able to do something by slackening some things off and NUDGING, then tightening up again, maybe, maybe not.

Instead I think I would try shimming between the skates and arm carriers, i.e. I would accept that the towers are fixed and I would try to make the ARMS point in the correct directions.
It shouldn't be too hard to calculate how much to pack out one end of the arm carrier to get whatever fraction of a degree is wanted.

Again, guesswork and speculation, but probably worth a try :D
ccavanaugh
Printmaster!

Post by ccavanaugh »

https://github.com/ccavanaugh/Max-Metal ... alibration

Link is for a calibration object and guilde. This is the process I use to bring the printer into alignment without adjusting firmware.
Aehandasa
Plasticator

Post by Aehandasa »

Thanks RegB, ccavanaugh. I believe the most important fix to made is with hardware. I loosen the screws of towers then tried to align the towers again, got better results than before. Now I'll try to fix them more to get more better results. Regards

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”