New arms for v2

Discussions related to the Rostock MAX v2
ericpudding
Printmaster!

New arms for v2

Post by ericpudding »

I've been looking for new arms for my rostock mas v2 and kept hearing about magnetic arms. After a quick google search I found this website that sold magnetic arms for the rostock max. http://www.tricklaser.com/Carbon-Fiber- ... M-CFTX.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Has anyone bought the arms from here and if they are high quality? If not where do you guys get our magnetic arms for the v2?
Kevinvandeusen
Printmaster!

Re: New arms for v2

Post by Kevinvandeusen »

those are not magnetic, but they are awesome!
Distributor of SeeMeCNC in South Carolina
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Kevinvandeusen wrote:those are not magnetic, but they are awesome!

And out of stock!!
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
ericpudding
Printmaster!

Post by ericpudding »

are they worth getting or should i look for different ones? also they dont have much description on how to install or what specific parts im buying
redoverred
Printmaster!

Post by redoverred »

ericpudding wrote:are they worth getting or should i look for different ones? also they dont have much description on how to install or what specific parts im buying
From what the reviews on the forums say, you can't go wrong with any of the Tricklaser products. The owner of that site lives near SeeMeCNC and is about as close (relationship-wise) to the company as a 3rd party can get, as far as I can tell. Don't upgrade your parts for just any reason, though. I get really nice prints with mostly stock parts, an E3D v6 hotend, and some home-made modifications.
0110-m-p
Printmaster!

Post by 0110-m-p »

I installed the Trick Laser arms on day 1 (never even fit the stock arms to the machine) and I have never had any problems with my machine/prints as a result. I have since purchased and installed other Trick Laser products and have been nothing but satisfied. You can build your own arms (there are several tutorials floating around) and save a few bucks, but these are definitely worth the money.
Current Machines || Rostock Max (V1) | V3DR ||
Previous Machines || Flashforge Creator Pro ||
ericpudding
Printmaster!

Post by ericpudding »

0110-m-p wrote:I installed the Trick Laser arms on day 1 (never even fit the stock arms to the machine) and I have never had any problems with my machine/prints as a result. I have since purchased and installed other Trick Laser products and have been nothing but satisfied. You can build your own arms (there are several tutorials floating around) and save a few bucks, but these are definitely worth the money.
How did you install the arms? I couldn't find a guide on the website on installing the arms. I'm also a little worried because the pictures they have look a little different than what it looks like on my v2
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I installed a set on White MAX on Wednesday. They come with a little doc sheet that shows how they mount. The only complaint I have is that they used a flat nut on the ends instead of another nylon lock nut.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

Mac The Knife wrote:
Kevinvandeusen wrote:those are not magnetic, but they are awesome!

And out of stock!!

We now have a few sets built up, in stock and ready to ship http://www.tricklaser.com/Carbon-Fiber- ... M-CFTX.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.tricklaser.com/Carbon-Fiber- ... M-CFTX.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, I do need to update the pics and description on web and install sheet. But, they do work on the MAX v1 or v2
sorry.
~*Brian
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Post by bvandiepenbos »

geneb wrote:I installed a set on White MAX on Wednesday. They come with a little doc sheet that shows how they mount. The only complaint I have is that they used a flat nut on the ends instead of another nylon lock nut.

g.
Good point Gene, I can start including lock nuts for all of them.
But I will still include (6) of those thin flat nuts, because that is needed if your machine has the original 2 piece effector platform.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I also made a guide for step by step install. Located in my signature
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

bvandiepenbos wrote:
geneb wrote:I installed a set on White MAX on Wednesday. They come with a little doc sheet that shows how they mount. The only complaint I have is that they used a flat nut on the ends instead of another nylon lock nut.

g.
Good point Gene, I can start including lock nuts for all of them.
But I will still include (6) of those thin flat nuts, because that is needed if your machine has the original 2 piece effector platform.
The only thing that worries me is that over time those nuts will loosen up - that's why I wanted the nylon lock nuts. :)

I may order another set for Orange Menace soon. I'm still wringing out the set I got for White MAX. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I noticed theres a bit of springiness in the ball ends, It sorta acts like a lock nut in the principle that it takes out the slop that lets the vibrations loosen the nut. I got mine pretty snug without causing any binding in the ball ends. Ive done a lot of prints with small features where the hotend has to move very quickly back and forth 1mm or less and they haven't loosened.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”