geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Rostock Max v2 CAD assembly?

Post by geneb »

I dunno, I thought walking away from Inventor was pretty easy. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
heathenx
Printmaster!

Post by heathenx »

If you can model in one of them then you can pretty much model in all of them.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I have a start on the assembly. I've been grabbing some models off of GrabCAD (ey the pun). The base is whats started. I'm gonna get every single fastener and part included in the assembly.
Assembly Progess
Assembly Progess
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

Oh man, this is going to be awesome!
The BONE ZONE build thread.
RJLynn67
Prints-a-lot

Post by RJLynn67 »

Keep it up NyLocke!
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I accidentally had the Base Plate piece upside down, so I had to remove it and redo all the constraints. When I do the top assembly I'll be more careful. I've added more things, such as fasteners and side pannels. I even got some thumb screw models off of McMaster.
Continued Progress
Continued Progress
Nuts and Bolts!
Nuts and Bolts!
redoverred
Printmaster!

Post by redoverred »

That is looking sweet! Thanks for doing this for the community! Are you going to set it up on bitlocker or github? Let me know if you cannot find certain parts on grabcad or whatever and I can model them from my printer.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Yeah I can get it up in a repo. I'm gonna try to get it finished before I release much more than photographs. At this rate I should have it done by the end of the weekend.

Also, I know the Z axis support bracket in the latest picture is upside down, I noticed something was off and I got it fixed. If anyone notices anything funny looking in the screen shots let me know and I'll check it out.

If someone could model the display holder acrylic panels I would really appreciate that.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Looking good!

And funny, gene! Reminds me of the movie heat. "Never start using a program that you aren't willing to walk away on in thirty seconds flat when you feel the heat coming around that corner."

Also, my question was not in reference to using programs. I don't have inventor, I have Solidworks. Can an assembly done in inventor be easily or somewhat painlessly imported into solidworks?
*not actually a robot
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Is there an updated baseplate file? That looks nothing like the currently shipping revision.
*not actually a robot
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I'm making a complete model for the R1 V2 and the R2 V2. I'm going to assemble the base for both separately, since thats the main thing with changes to it (is it the only thing with changes to it?). Also the arm assemblies will be different, the R1 will have the aluminum joints and the R2 will have the Acetal ones.

On the question of importing assemblies, I have no clue. The educational Solidworks isn't free.
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Sounds good!
*not actually a robot
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Most recent progress on the R1 Assembly.
AssemblyProgress3.PNG
I have a stand in RAMBo in place. I need to find a file for the idler spacers, I have the bolts and nuts in place for them. I also have an ATX PSU sitting in on the inside.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Its missing a few fasteners here and there, but..
Progess3.PNG
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

Looking even better. Nice job!
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

Nylocke,
Any update on this project? Could you post what you have?
bot
Printmaster!

Post by bot »

Nope! It's all wrong! Mine's black! :P Just kidding it does look fantastic. I want! SO BADLY! (In solidworks!)
*not actually a robot
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

bot wrote:Nope! It's all wrong! Mine's black! :P Just kidding it does look fantastic. I want! SO BADLY! (In solidworks!)
I believe he is working in Inventor. I'd be happy with a STEP file of the assembly.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I had a really busy week last week. I'll try to get more done soon. I can export a STEP file. It might take me a bit to get the repo set up so if I include STEP and ipt files of each piece and the assembly bundled together in a ZIP would that work?
BONE
Printmaster!

Post by BONE »

Nylocke wrote:I had a really busy week last week. I'll try to get more done soon. I can export a STEP file. It might take me a bit to get the repo set up so if I include STEP and ipt files of each piece and the assembly bundled together in a ZIP would that work?
That works for me. I might be between jobs soon and have a few days off, so I'll see if I can help model a few of the components. I can provide native SW files or Step.
theverant
Printmaster!

Post by theverant »

Oh yeah I'd like to get access to this! I already did this assembly in Sketchup. Sketchup sucks, way less accurate. I'd rather have it in Fusion 360, but I'm lazy and don't want to redo it all.

I wanna do some changes before I laser cut my V2.x upgrade from V1. :D

If you guys are using Fusion 360 (as opposed to Inventor) we can set up a collaborative design group? :?:
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

I have been using Inventor for it. I forgot about it, been so busy lately. I might be able to get it over to 360, would be way more beneficial so I don't have to restart to work on it.
theverant
Printmaster!

Post by theverant »

Nylocke wrote:I have been using Inventor for it. I forgot about it, been so busy lately. I might be able to get it over to 360, would be way more beneficial so I don't have to restart to work on it.
Yeah, 360 can import Inventor projects, so it should be a quick transition. 360 doesn't have all the same tools as Inventor, but for this kind of design work I don't think there is really much difference.
SEBRET
Printmaster!

Post by SEBRET »

I'm very excited to see this done. I know some of us are tired of eyeballing measurements for our add-on fun. However I realize not all our fellow Max users are well versed in CAD, So in order to cater to more of our members, I've begun work on a sketchup version of The Max v2 using the DXF files. Just finishing up with all the laser cut parts. next will be fasteners. will update as I go.
Attachments
Not as pretty in SU, but it gets the job done.
Not as pretty in SU, but it gets the job done.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

SEBRET wrote:I'm very excited to see this done. I know some of us are tired of eyeballing measurements for our add-on fun. However I realize not all our fellow Max users are well versed in CAD, So in order to cater to more of our members, I've begun work on a sketchup version of The Max v2 using the DXF files. Just finishing up with all the laser cut parts. next will be fasteners. will update as I go.
Your work is appreciated. I believe there has been a need for this for people like me who lack the Cad skills.

Return to “Rostock MAX v2”