SeeMeEducate Curriculum Activity 1 - SeeMe Dog Tag

If you're a teacher and need advice about anything software, post here
Mrfrankl
Plasticator

SeeMeEducate Curriculum Activity 1 - SeeMe Dog Tag

Post by Mrfrankl »

I've been able to get my Orion printer to successfully print from the included SD card. I've successfully printed the preloaded "Vase" and "Blinkey" files several times.

I downloaded the latest version of Repetier-Host for Mac and loaded the SeeMeDogTag.stl included with the curriculum. I was able to use Repetier-Host to slice the file and generate the g-code. Every time I go to print, however, the hotend drops down to just above the print bed, moves off to a far edge of the print area and then buries the nozzle into the glass.

I thought that there might be a communication issue between Repetier and the Orion. So, I put the g-code for the dog tag on the SD card and tried to print that way. I got the same results.

Looking at the Print Panel tab in Repetier, there is an anomalous light blue line leading out of the print area (screenshot included).
Print Panel View .jpg
I tried to upload the original .stl file to the netfabb Model Repair Service hosted by microsoft to see if that would fix the issue, but it does not.

Unfortunately, I do not know enough about g-code/repetier to know if there is a way to modify/remove that blue line.

I looked in other threads on the Troubleshooting forum and it seems that the general consensus there is to clear out the EEPROM - but even without doing so, I can still print the preloaded files on the SD Card, "Vase" and "Blinkey". I would think that if the EEPROM was "full" it wouldn't be able to print anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: SeeMeEducate Curriculum Activity 1 - SeeMe Dog Tag

Post by Jimustanguitar »

You need to setup your printer shape in BOTH Repetier and the Slicing program after the new install. The Z height especially. The newest Repetier program applies some of its own setting to be defaults in the built in slicing engines. This is new, so watch out for that.

I believe that the quick start guide goes through this setup, but I'm not sure if it's current with the newest release of Repetier. IMO, there are some nice new features, but I still kind of like the pre-1.0 versions of Repetier for usability.
Mrfrankl
Plasticator

Re: SeeMeEducate Curriculum Activity 1 - SeeMe Dog Tag

Post by Mrfrankl »

I'm going through the Reptier-Host firmware setup and I wanted to make sure that I'm using the correct dimensions for the Orion Delta 3D Printer:

z-length

Diagonal Rod Length

Horizontal radius when centered

Max horizontal radius

Angle of column A/B/C

Radius error column A/B/C

Diagonal rod error column A/B/C

There are a million other options, but I think I can leave them at their default settings.

Return to “Software Help”