General MACH 3 Help

All things related to Mach3 CNC software
3DFrost
Plasticator

General MACH 3 Help

Post by 3DFrost »

I don't really have any specific questions so I'll just go right into it.
After I first got my TB6500 board and configured the mach settings accordingly, nothing happened. If
something did happen it would be one of the axises locking up but in general no control over the motors.
After some research I found some other configurations similar but none of those worked either. Finally
after some of my own research into the board's pin-out I found that all of the tutorials on the board were
wrong, with the pin out (at least for my board) completely off, proper pin outs can be found here: http://reprap.org/wiki/4_Axis_TB6560_CN ... Controller

With these settings I do have control to jog to all motors
Step, Direction
X 16, 1 Enable 4
Y 14, 7 Enable 17
Z 3,6 Enable 5
E 9,8 Enable 9 << I couldn't find the enable pin for the fourth output but I found that by using the same pin as used for the step. that it worked

Questions
Currently however while not moving the motors are locked and make a slight constant KKKKKSSSSKSSKSKSK sound
and eventual heat up somewhat.
Now I have not jumped the Optos yet but if I do will that solve the problem, or is that normal?
Currently while the motors due turn they are very inaccurate step wise, I assume jumping the optos will fix this?
How would I go about calibrating the steppers have the correct distance per step. Specifically the Z and E axises ?
Also when I loaded a test G-code model using slic3r it loads has the model in the upper right hand corner and
completely out of range of the printer, so also wondering how I'd fix that.
3DFrost
Plasticator

Re: General MACH 3 Help

Post by 3DFrost »

I forgot to ask,
Will the method in which the optos are jumped be the same as what is shown by the tutorial here
despite the difference in pin out?
3DFrost
Plasticator

Re: General MACH 3 Help

Post by 3DFrost »

Wait nvm found this post, should have searched harder lol :oops:
http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... lator#p162

Return to “Mach3 Software”