Configuration (H1-4x SeeMecnc) for Mach3

All things related to Mach3 CNC software
charles
Printmaster!

Configuration (H1-4x SeeMecnc) for Mach3

Post by charles »

Hello,
I need to start setting up the printer by Mach3(calibration). I would get a basic configuration developed by members of SeeMecnc and guidelines for the initial 4-axis card (no changes).
I read the manual Mach3, but I could not put the printer to work. I need step by step guidance for H1 SeeMecnc I bought in, please. These guidelines will be helpful to others who buy the printer.
thank you

This is the current status of my printer.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snc6dAgOi6Y[/youtube]
Last edited by charles on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charles
Printmaster!

Re: Configuration (H1-4x SeeMecnc) for Mach3

Post by charles »

I tried setting http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49 forum, but the engines remained locked. There is no movement when adjusting Mach3 axes (eg x +5, y +10, z +1 ... etc..)
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Hi Charles:

It doesn;t look like you did the mods to the 4-axis board, to jump out the optos, etc.
Andy Wander
midget214
Printmaster!

Post by midget214 »

Hi Charles,

I have the same issue as you. I have posted what I have tried so far here (Note I have jumped the Optos)

http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=730
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

Hi awander,
I did the setting of the photo of the topic, but it still fails. First I need to try without the changes in plate 4 axes.

Hi midget214,
The problem could be setting the parallel port (off board). To solve this problem I tried to use a dot matrix printer and check if it works. The dot matrix printer ran successfully. But, I think it might be conflicting with some other operating system (Windows XP) or Mach3 settings. I used another computer with Windows XP parallel port (on board) and the result was the same. I'll install Windows 7 and Windows XP again. I'll post the results once completed.
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

1- Instalação do XP (ok).
2 -Test the parallel port (ok).
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zZz9-8rPuY[/youtube]
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Your photos do not show the optos on the 4-axis board jumped out.

What are you using for teh port address in Mach3?

What address is shown for your port in System Properties(XP)?
Andy Wander
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

I did not use the jumper in place of optos because johnoly99 said many printers do not need jumper mode. (http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49).

3 -Installing the Mach3 configuration file with SeeMeCNC-H1-4AxisBoard.XML. MDI used the menu to move the axes but the engine did not act(failed).

video mach3 config res1280x720pixels

http://youtu.be/6jFyl-bRu30

video HD printer stopped

http://youtu.be/Gf3V5oOwr5s

I have not calibrated my CNC H1. I used the calibration file to verify the operation of the electronic board, but the engines are stopped. I need some tips to solve the problem.
Last edited by charles on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Yes, but many machines DO require the optos to be jumped out.

If your machine works well without jumping the optos out, don;t bother jumping them out.

If you machine does not work, you should try it.
Andy Wander
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

I performed the procedure (3.2 - Remove Jumper and The Optical Isolators) manual.
Measuring the signals of the jumper 1-8 which correspond (TX = 1, x axis), (2 = indicator + X or -X activated; X axis) and 3E4 to Y axis, 5e6 to Z axis , 7e8 to the axis 4.
The motor does not move.
Watch the video

http://youtu.be/mQKdx8t87b4
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Can't tell anything much from your video.

I see that Mach3 is running, but not what axes(if any) are being moved.

I see that you are using a PC-based oscilloscope to measure the signals, but it looks like DC with random bursts of noise-or are the noise bursts step pulses?
Andy Wander
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

disregard this post.(edited)
Last edited by charles on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Ya' gotta' work with me, Charles...

In the video, is Mach moving the axes while you are measuring?

Does the 4-axis boards have activity lights, like the 3-axis board does? If so, do they change state when you start and stop the axis motions in Mach?

Did you check the parallel port address in Mach and confirm that it is the same as the physical address of the port you are using, as shown in Windows System Properties?

It looks(in the video) like you are using the 'scope to measure the input signals to the 4-axis board(the outputs from Mach3) Do these signals change, showing steps, when Mach is moving that axis?

Please don;t tell me to watch the video again-as i stated above, I can't tell anything from the video.
Andy Wander
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

Video 1:
pulse signal (of Mach3) measured in jumper. (no noise).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKdx8t87b4
Video 2:
Null signal measured at the output to the motor. (It is noise) to move the probe of the oscilloscope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQw7S320g84

The engines are stopped. The output signal (TB6560) is null.
The port I'm using is the Ex800 (LPT3 -PC- port parala off board). It is the same port that I use in dot matrix printer.
Last edited by charles on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

I can;t help you if you won;t answer my questions, and just keep repeating yourself.
Andy Wander
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

The engines are stopped. The output signal (TB6560) is null.
The port I'm using is the Ex800 (LPT3 -PC- port parala off board). It is the same port that I use in dot matrix printer.
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Please give me longer answers, instead of the short ones you have been giving. The more you write, the better, at this point. I suspect we speak different languages natively, so we will have to work harder at this.

-When you say, "the engines are stopped", do you mean that Mach3 is in a state where it should be sending step pulses to the TB6560 board(the Mach3 onscreen DROs are changing), but the stepper motors are not turning? Or that Mach3 is NOT in a state where it should be sending pulses to the TB6560 board(the Mach3 onscreen DROs are NOT changing)?

-What about the input signal to the TB6560? Are you seeing a pulse train there? It looks like you are applying your test leads to the input signals to the TB6560 board, and not to the output terminals(where the motors are wired up)

-In Mach3, go to Config, Ports & Pins menu page, and tell me what address is listed for port 1. Also make sure port 1 is enabled.

-next, go to your Windows desktop, right-click on "My Computer", and select "Properties".
Click on the "Hardware" Tab, and then on "Device Manager".
Scroll down and click on the "+" next to "Ports(COM & LPT)"
Locate the EX800 port that you indicate you are using for Mach3
Right-click on the port, and select "Properties"
Click on the "Resources" tab, and tell me what it says after "I/O Range"
Andy Wander
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

-When you say, "the engines are stopped", do you mean that Mach3 is in a state where it should be sending step pulses to the TB6560 board(the Mach3 onscreen DROs are changing), but the stepper motors are not turning?
Yes. Mach3 onscreen DROs are changing, but the stepper motors are not turning.

-What about the input signal to the TB6560? Are you seeing a pulse train there?
Yes. The input signal has a pulse train. I did a test with Mach3 changing the values of the x-axis, y axis, z axis, and axis 4. Everyone has a pulse train. It seems that the Mach3 is sending the signal to the card correctly (LED also turns on).
For example, there are 8 jumpers on. The first jumper is responsible for the signal sent by Mach3 after passing the schmitt trigger (74HC14N) and goes to input TB6560 (pulse train). The second jumper is responsible for advising the integrated circuit TB6560 which is the direction of rotation of the motor (+ x or-x). therefore,
measurements video1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKdx8t87b4
1) Jumper 1 = pulse train. (X).
2) Jumper 2 = indicates whether + or -. (X)
3) Jumper 3 = pulse train. (Y)
4) Jumper = 4 indicates whether + or -. (Y)
5) Jumper 5 = pulse train. (Z)
6) Jumper = 6 indicates whether + or -. (Z)
7) Jumper = 7 pulse train. (4)
8) Jumper = 8 indicates whether + or -. (4)
This can be seen on the oscilloscope of video1.

-What about the input signal to the TB6560? Are you seeing a pulse train there? It looks like you are applying your test leads to the input signals to the TB6560 board, and not to the output terminals(where the motors are wired up).
The first video has measurements TB6560 input signal (pulse train). But the start of video2, the first measurement signal is input TB6560, but other measurements are output card for the motors. The motors do not move because there is no voltage (not-pulse train).
measurements video2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQw7S320g84
Note that I hope will stop the noise (not pulse train). And then, by adjusting the axes (x, y, z, 4) and measuring voltage to the motor (step by step).
1) Jumper 1 = pulse train. (X).
2) Voltage: of ( XB+) to (XB-).
3) Voltage: of ( XA+) to (XA-).
4) Voltage: of ( YB+) to (YB-).
5) Voltage: of (YA+ ) to (YA-).
6) Voltage: of (ZB+) to (ZB-).
7) Voltage: of ( CB+) to (CB-).
8) Voltage: of (CA+) to (CA-).
Has no pulse train for the motors. The voltage is zero. stepper motors are not moving.

-In Mach3, go to Config, Ports & Pins menu page, and tell me what address is listed for port 1. Also make sure port 1 is enabled.
OK. Enabled. Address 0xe800.
-next, go to your Windows desktop, right-click on "My Computer", and select "Properties".
Click on the "Hardware" Tab, and then on "Device Manager".
Scroll down and click on the "+" next to "Ports(COM & LPT)"
Locate the EX800 port that you indicate you are using for Mach3
Right-click on the port, and select "Properties"
Click on the "Resources" tab, and tell me what it says after "I/O Range"
I/O Range E800 – E807.
This step you can confirm the video I made in previous messages. http://youtu.be/6jFyl-bRu30
Andy Wander,
You work in the company SeeMeCNC?
I'd like to get a response from technical SeeMeCNC too.
thank you
Charles.
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Hi Charles:

Maybe it is just me, but I can;t see anything of use in the videos you posted. Perhaps if you narrated them and said what you were measuring, and what you saw on the scope, they would be useful.

Anyway, based on the answers you gave me above, the problem has to be somewhere on the TB6560 board.

--Verify that the stepper motors are hooked up as follows:
RED to A+
BLU to A-
BLK to B+
GRN to B-
(you are using the SeeMeCNC stepper motors, right?)

--Also, check your settings on the axis Enable lines-these should be on 4,5, & 17, I believe. Make sure they are set in Mach3 Config, Ports & Pins, outputs. If they are set and enabled, then you may try changing the "Active Low" state of these pins, and see if that works.

For best results, after changing any pin settings, shut down and restart Mach3.

--You do have the 12VDC hooked up to the green terminal strips on the TB6560 board, right?

No, I am not a SeeMeCNC employee-just a satisfied user, and I know a bit about Mach3.
Andy Wander
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

Thanks for the help Andy Wander.
Glad you have knowledge in Mach3. I am noob in Mach3, but I have knowledge in electronics. To view videos you must have knowledge in electronics.
I think I understand now. In videos 1 and 2, I did the measurements with the RESET button(ON) pressed Mach3. So had no pulse train output (zero voltage - motors). But, Mach3 commands (with the reset button pressed-ON) seems to work fine on the card. (video1).
--Verify that the stepper motors are hooked up as follows:
RED to A+ OK
BLU to A- OK
BLK to B+ OK
GRN to B- OK
(you are using the SeeMeCNC stepper motors, right?)
I bought the SeeMeCNC (H-1 Complete Kit for Parallel Port) and mounted observing all manuals with details of the company. Therefore, all the pieces are SeeMeCNC.
I think the problem is some setting in Mach3. Has no signal on the card when the RESET button is not pressed (OFF).
In Video3, I did the measurement (with reset button off). The engines are vibrating, but do not move (is pulse train output - not zero-voltage motors). But, with the reset button off, Mach3 commands do not come on card (not working).
Video3 http://youtu.be/HivC4juMliM
1) Voltage: of ( XB+) to (XB-). Voltage zero
2) Voltage: of ( XA+) to (XA-). pulse train output / 12V
3) Voltage: of ( YB+) to (YB-). Voltage zero
4) Voltage: of (YA+ ) to (YA-). pulse train output/12V
5) Voltage: of (ZB+) to (ZB-). Voltage zero
6) Voltage: of (ZA+)to(ZB-). pulse train output/12V
7) Voltage: of ( CB+) to (CB-). Voltage zero
8) Voltage: of (CA+) to (CA-). pulse train output/ 12V
--Also, check your settings on the axis Enable lines-these should be on 4,5, & 17, I believe. Make sure they are set in Mach3 Config, Ports & Pins, outputs. If they are set and enabled, then you may try changing the "Active Low" state of these pins, and see if that works.
For best results, after changing any pin settings, shut down and restart Mach3.
I'm using the same configuration of the post (http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49) except for the parallel port (0xe800).
http://forum.seemecnc.com/download/file ... &mode=view
--You do have the 12VDC hooked up to the green terminal strips on the TB6560 board, right?
Green wire with greater thickness.
Thanks
Charles
awander
Prints-a-lot

Post by awander »

Hi Charles:

1) Knowledge of electronics is not what is needed to make sense of your videos. I am an electrical engineer, but that doesn't help me know what you are doing, or see the settings on your o'scope.

2) Mach3 is acting correctly-if RESET is blinking, it will not put out any signals. this is the "Emergency Stop" mode, and you must take it out of that mode before it will work.

3) The things you are calling "engines" are what we, in English, call "motors". It might be helpful if you can pick up some of the "lingo".

So, the motors buzz, but do not move? I would experiment with the settings of the dipswitches on the TB6560 board.
Andy Wander
dougmsbbs
Prints-a-lot

Post by dougmsbbs »

Andy, I'm thinking you might have been on the right track by mentioning changing the "Active Low" state. When I put mine together the motors would lock up but wouldn't move. Changing the active low fixed it.
Home made Cnc, 2 CarveWright wood carving machines, Laser cutter/engraver, large format vinyl cutter, large format printer, and now a 3D Printer! Oh, and a shop full of equipment to take large expensive pieces of wood and turn them into scrap and sawdust.
charles
Printmaster!

Post by charles »

Hello,
The motors are moving. I changed the Active Low Enable1, Enable2, and Eneble3 Eneble4 of (V to X) of the file (SeeMeCNC 4AxisBoard.xml.zip-H1)
I am very happy with it.
results:
Solution of the problem:
http://youtu.be/3fs9UxxfHAc
Movement of motors:
http://youtu.be/ZxeYQYOmwus
Now I can calibrate and make mechanical adjustments on my machine.
Once you have new results, I'll post in the forum.
Thanks for the help Andy Wander and dougmsbbs.
Last edited by charles on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
dougmsbbs
Prints-a-lot

Post by dougmsbbs »

Congratulations! Glad you got it!

Now you can get on to the fun stuff. :D
Home made Cnc, 2 CarveWright wood carving machines, Laser cutter/engraver, large format vinyl cutter, large format printer, and now a 3D Printer! Oh, and a shop full of equipment to take large expensive pieces of wood and turn them into scrap and sawdust.

Return to “Mach3 Software”