Limiting G0 rapid speed

All things related to Mach3 CNC software
Dave_Sohlstrom
Printmaster!

Limiting G0 rapid speed

Post by Dave_Sohlstrom »

I have been searching the Mach3 manual to try and find out how to limit G0 rapid move speeds. I do not find any information on how to do this. When I bring my G1 speeds up the G0 speed goes to high and I start loosing steps. How do I do this.
Dave Sohlstrom

H-1 Tank
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: Limiting G0 rapid speed

Post by johnoly99 »

Dave, use the motor tuning screen to set your axes max speeds. Also, under general config, if you uncheck "lock rapid to feed" or something like that, you can then use the slider for rapid speeds seperate from the feed speeda.
Leeway
Printmaster!

Post by Leeway »

This will be the speed you set in the motor tuning section. Those speeds for velocity and acceleration determine the rapid speeds, which are the G0 speeds. G1 speeds are whatever you set in the Cam to run at. It will almost always have rapid speeds in every program though.
You should test your velocity and acceleration slowing increasing them little by little. When it starts loosing steps, then back off 1/4 to a 1/3rd of the speed setting. This will insure that you would not get missed steps assuming the missing steps isn't mechanically related or an actual crash.
Much easier to do than describe. :)
Good luck with it.

I had forgotten about the lock speed thing.
Thought I had posted this earlier too, but it didn't actually submit.
Lee
Dave_Sohlstrom
Printmaster!

Post by Dave_Sohlstrom »

Thanks guys. I'll make some adjustment when I get every thing back together. I extended my X travel out to 8.25" and waiting for new belts.
Dave Sohlstrom

H-1 Tank

Return to “Mach3 Software”