Mach Home/Soft Limits configuration

All things related to Mach3 CNC software
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Mach Home/Soft Limits configuration

Post by mhackney »

Here is a reasonable configuration for setting up home/limits in Mach for the H-1. Note that I use soft limits right now, now homing or limit switches.
11-Home-Soft Limits.jpg
cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
JTCUSTOMS
Printmaster!

Re: Mach Home/Soft Limits configuration

Post by JTCUSTOMS »

So are you manually setting the XYZ zero in the middle of the table then turning on your soft limits?

I will eventually put some small home switches on mine but dont really see the need for limits.
Once you get home switches and setup your offsets its a 2 button affair, REF all home then turn on soft limits.

P.S. hows the job search going? you mentioned there were some prospects. I wish you luck!!
JTCUSTOMS

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abraham Lincoln
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Almost, I position the head where I want the print to be located and zero X and Y. Then I 0 Z if it's needed. This way I am not always printing at the same place on the bed either.

I've been using my CNC'd mini mill this way for several years. The challenge with actual homes on these machines is the gawdaweful long time it takes for the Z axis to move. I wouldn't want to make Z home right at the table either since that may need to be tweaked on occasion.

I've had 3 interviews already. One is a really cool startup doing something that is CAD related (can't say any more). Very interesting. I sort of took this week off to clean my shop and garage and will actually start a job search next week.

cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
JTCUSTOMS
Printmaster!

Post by JTCUSTOMS »

Well good luck, I just found a new job for a large equipment manufacturer locally, only drawback is it will require quite a bit of travel. But the good thing is I now have an amazing amount of equipment at my disposal :D
JTCUSTOMS

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Mach3 Software”