what is the M code to turn off dry run mode?

Post your prints with the GCode used to help other users achieve a similar result, or get help.
smiley
Printmaster!

what is the M code to turn off dry run mode?

Post by smiley »

Couple of questions. First one is, what manual code should I issue from RepetierHost to turn "dry run" off? I don't see anything referring to "dry run" in the Repetier.ino list of implemented gcodes (for example: https://github.com/seemecnc/Repetier-09 ... petier.ino" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Second, what is "ditto mode?" From the .ino: "- M280 S<mode> - Set ditto printing mode. mode: 0 = off, 1 = on"

I'm running RAMBo 1.1, firmware is .91 Rostock as modified by SeeMeCNC.

Appreciate any thoughts, thanks in advance...
bvandiepenbos
Printmaster!

Re: what is the M code to turn off dry run mode?

Post by bvandiepenbos »

In marlin firmware M302 "allows cold extrudes"
I don't know if that is what you are looking for or if it will even work with Repetier fw

I use the button in Repetier labeled [Dry Run] to do testing when I don't want to actually print.
~*Brian V.

RostockMAX v2 (Stock)
MAX METAL "ShortyMAX"
MAX METAL Rostock MAX Printer Frame
NEMESIS Air Delta v1 & v2 -Aluminum delta printers
Rostock MAX "KITT" - Tri-Force Frame
GRABER i3 "Slim"
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

It doesn't appear to be documented, the easy way to determine is in Repetier host, to turn on the echo to console settings and push the button in the UI.
smiley
Printmaster!

Post by smiley »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick replies.

polygonhell: rephost sends M111 S15 to turn dry run on, and M111 S7 to turn it back off.

I'm asking if there is documentation somewhere in repetier because my extruder stepper is disabled and M111 S7 does not turn it on.

A little more background:

I am asking because I am wondering if there is some other setting needed to re-enable an extruder when dry run mode is set to "on" after a thermistor fail. I had that happen a couple weeks ago, I've rebuilt the hotend and got the new thermistor installed (and thanks to earlier help from polygonhell, I've got the thermistor table adjusted accordingly as well), but it won't via control from the manual panel. I've turned it all on and off several times, pulled the power plug out, hit the soft reset button, etc.

I know it's not the stepper or the wiring, because if I put the stepper wires on the free Z-axis pinouts, the stepper moves when I jog Z. I just can't jog the stepper from rephost. When I try, it doesn't even power the stepper- I can turn the gears freely with my hand.

I also know it's not the extruder 0 driver or pins because I went into pins.h and assigned extruder 0 to the pins for extruder 1 and then switched the cable to the free extruder driver. Again, no dice.

So at this point I'm wondering if there is something that I'm missing in the software.

Is there a list somewhere of what M111 can set/unset? I'm not seeing it in the firmware documentation.
Last edited by smiley on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smiley
Printmaster!

Post by smiley »

oh, and "ditto mode" is a setting to extrude from two extruders, simultaneously. So you get two copies instead of one (as long as the parts don't overlap). Not relevant here.
Polygonhell
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Polygonhell »

M111 just sets the debug level, it looks like he sets bit 3 to enable dry run, and turns it off to disable.
You may be able to query it with M111 with no argument, if not your kind of stuck not knowing what else you are turning off.
smiley
Printmaster!

Post by smiley »

OK, I'm at the office today but I'll try a couple of things when I get home.
smiley
Printmaster!

Post by smiley »

So, it turns out, I was trying to fix a problem with the printer but the "real" problem was on the keyboard end of the USB cable.

Or, phrased differently, I think I was forgetting to run the "clear EEPROM" sketch before uploading the new .91 firmware.

Because i tried all kinds of stuff to fix this problem (see below) and none of it worked. So I was like "dammit. I am going to revert to the last-good .91 firmware I had, before I started messing with this thermistor issue."

So I did, and that didn't work either. So I went back to the upgrade instruction thread, and... voila, there at the beginning of .91, Jon says- you should clear your eeprom before you upload .91.

So I did THAT. And then I uploaded .91 with my new beta value for this new thermistor (it worked out to be about 4100 to get accurate at 200C, instead of the 3750 on the datasheet), and uploaded my old EEPROM settings, and now everything is just ducky again.

So I feel pretty stupid, because the step I was missing was "follow the damn directions."

Here's some M codes I learned in the meantime, no idea if all of these apply or not.

Code: Select all

From this page: http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M302:_Allow_cold_extrudes
M17: Enable/Power all stepper motors

Example: M17

M101 Turn extruder 1 on Forward / Undo Extruder Retraction
M101 in Teacup firmware

If a DC extruder is present, turn that on. Else, undo filament retraction, which means, make the extruder ready for extrusion. Complement to M103.

---
M302: Allow cold extrudes

This tells the printer to allow movement of the extruder motor, when the hotend is not at printing temperature

Example: M302

---
M562: Reset temperature fault

Example: M562 P2

Reset a temperature fault on heater/sensor 2. If the RepRap has switched off and locked a heater because it has detected a fault, this will reset the fault condition and allow you to use the heater again. Obviously to be used with caution. If the fault persists it will lock out again after you have issued this command. P0 is the bed; P1 the first extruder, and so on.

M906: Set motor currents

Example: M906 X300 Y500 Z200 E350

Sets the currents to send to the stepper motors for each axis. The values are in milliamps.

M999: Restart after being stopped by error

Example: M999 

Return to “GCode & Test Prints”