HUGE FAIL - had to disconnect nozzle

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
TFMike
Printmaster!

Re: HUGE FAIL - had to disconnect nozzle

Post by TFMike »

Nylocke wrote:Is the output on the RAMBO actually supplying the heater with power? What are your heating settings (PID Max, P, I, D, Max PWM power, etc)?

max temp was changed from 247 to 290, min defect was -10, max defect was 300
pwm was 255

any other numbers you want me to screen shot in matter control?
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

All the other heating variables, the max temps don't matter. Drive Max, PID Max, etc
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

Nylocke wrote:All the other heating variables, the max temps don't matter. Drive Max, PID Max, etc

Too lazy to mess with screenshots in mattercontrol so here is the whole shebang in a .txt file

EDIT: On a side note, way back in 2013 when I got this I knew soemthing like this would happen, I just knew it. I was scared of ever having to mess with firmware/eeprom/gcode and all of that but now that I have had to tear down the nozzle and mess with the firmware I have found it isn't as bad as I had originally though, just wish it worked now :/
Last edited by TFMike on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

The configuration file is irrelevant when talking about these values. They are overridden by EEPROM. Can you post a screenshot of your EEPROM settings.
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

My mistake, also I accidentally uploaded the config file from the outdated firmware earlier so I deleted it to avoid confusion, this screencap here should have all the settings from the new upload:
eeprom.jpg
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Those settings all look fine. Is the connector on the RAMBo actually delivering 12V to the hotend?
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Mac The Knife »

Extr.1? Unless Mattercontrol is changing the labeling, Extr.1 is for a second extruder. Extr.0 is for the primary extruder.
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

Mac The Knife wrote:Extr.1? Unless Mattercontrol is changing the labeling, Extr.1 is for a second extruder. Extr.0 is for the primary extruder.
Ok, so could that be the reason? I am using the latest version for what it's worth.
Nylocke wrote:Those settings all look fine. Is the connector on the RAMBo actually delivering 12V to the hotend?
No idea, how do I check that?
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

Do you have a multimeter? Turn it on volt mode and touch them to the pos and neg
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

It reads 11 or -11 depending on the orientation of the black and red
Nylocke
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Nylocke »

11 exactly? Thats a bit low, but it shouldn't make too much of a difference. Have you checked the connection to make sure you have good continuity to the heater cartridge? What is the resistance of the heater cartridge? It should measure around 3.6 ohms if my math is correct (40 watt cartridge @ 12V, W=V*I, W/V=I, 40/12=3.33333A, V=I*R, V/I=R, 12V/3.33333A=3.6ohms).
TFMike
Printmaster!

Post by TFMike »

It's a 25 watt cartridge, but after all of that hullabaloo it was damn sloppy connection to it that led to all this, I just had a convo with JJ and touched my thermistor to my heater cartridge and told the printer to heat up and did....of all the reason for it to fail, that was why :/
predawnsky
Printmaster!

Post by predawnsky »

oh wow thats insane

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”