Lid Fail ABS

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
ThatDirectorGuy
Printmaster!

Lid Fail ABS

Post by ThatDirectorGuy »

I am not sure why this is failing. It is the lid to a box. The printer starts with a nice grid but it is suppose to be flat instead it does this crazy mesh.
TopCase.JPG
What has to be changed? I imagine something in the STL file itself? Attached is also the STL file. Thanks
Attachments
Top case.stl
(4.28 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
Mac The Knife
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: Lid Fail ABS

Post by Mac The Knife »

What slicer are you using? and do you have raft enabled?
R-Max V2
Eris
Folger Tech FT-5 R2
McSlappy
Printmaster!

Post by McSlappy »

Yeah it looks like the model might be a few mm off the bed when the print starts and so it's building a raft or support of some kind before actually beginning the model. The model itself looks fine so I don't think it's a problem with the model itself..

Also, were you trying to make this ship model about a year ago? I seem to remember something like this... I think the conclusion we came to was that it needed some redesign back then... This is looking good!
I loved my Rostock so much I now sell them in Oz :)
ThatDirectorGuy
Printmaster!

Post by ThatDirectorGuy »

This is indeed the ongoing Pirate Radio 3D Print project from April. It has been an ongoing saga. I am trying to fulfill these 35 perks for an Indiegogo campaign. When I am actually printing viable pirate ships I am going to do a nice long write up about my experience it has been interesting and educational. I usually use Slicer but it hasn't been getting along with OSX so I am using Matter Control and Cuda.

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”