Assembly FAIL

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
doctorgonzo
Printmaster!

Assembly FAIL

Post by doctorgonzo »

I can't get the lid on my base, EPIC FAIL. It's driving me nuts. I mean, go gently kill a cat and eat it nuts. Stuck-****-****-nuts. Screws loose on the bottom and everything is wiggly. Probably need to file a few slots or something. I haven't worked on it in a day 'cause I'm so pissed off.

-Doc
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Re: Assembly FAIL

Post by lordbinky »

I think the slots were designed by someone who can't see how anyone was ever stumped by those linking magician rings.
astroboy907
Printmaster!

Post by astroboy907 »

lordbinky wrote:I think the slots were designed by someone who can't see how anyone was ever stumped by those linking magician rings.
Probably by the same guy who decided to use Comic Sans on the base..
Flateric wrote: Black ABS, weak part, bizzare holes, bad layer adhesion, loss of details. Loss of sanity.
My Heatware!.
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Post by JohnStack »

Ok, boys...

It's a two person job. Put it in an oven at 150 for about an hour, might help.

It was designed with a purpose, to be affordable. In about six weeks, you'll have an aluminum alternative.
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

doctorgonzo wrote:I can't get the lid on my base, EPIC FAIL. It's driving me nuts. I mean, go gently kill a cat and eat it nuts. Stuck-###-nuts. Screws loose on the bottom and everything is wiggly. Probably need to file a few slots or something. I haven't worked on it in a day 'cause I'm so pissed off.

-Doc
Doc, I think you can express your opinion without such harsh language.
Last edited by Eaglezsoar on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

So essentially, you've been outsmarted by about 5 pounds worth of Melamine and you're upset. Got it.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
lordbinky
Printmaster!

Post by lordbinky »

When aligned just right the base went together smoothly for me, but impressively resisted any "Just get in there!" forceful efforts. Those same charactistics though definitely make it reassuringly sturdy.

No no no, John using two people is cheating!...Ok, I admit it's sad that didn't even cross my mind to actually get help for that step. It IS a good design for the design goals, but I really did think at the time that it was like those little puzzles (like magician rings, or the bent up nails, etc) that even when you know what your supposed to do it doesn't work unless you get it just right at which point you don't want to even look at it anymore because your friend* with the magic touch did it five times in a row without any effort and asks how you had trouble with it.

*It is possible some of my smart friends are just exceptionally annoying people...on purpose.
doctorgonzo
Printmaster!

Post by doctorgonzo »

Eaglezsoar, I apologize. My grumpy is sticking out, and I curse like a sailor. I'm also very terse and concise in my language. I'll do my best to keep it "G-rated" from now on...again, sorry.
doctorgonzo
Printmaster!

Post by doctorgonzo »

Oh yeah, and just to cover my butt a little bit, this is the FAIL section so a small or medium-sized of grumpy is, I believe, perfectly acceptable.
I'm gonna get on it tomorrow.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

doctorgonzo wrote:Eaglezsoar, I apologize. My grumpy is sticking out, and I curse like a sailor. I'm also very terse and concise in my language. I'll do my best to keep it "G-rated" from now on...again, sorry.
That's okay, Doc. I was a sailor for 6 years and I curse with the best of them but we need to remember that this is a public accessible board where the kiddies and women have access.
Out of respect to them is why we need to limit the language a little. Take care Doc. I wake up with pain in my right shoulder every morning can you diagnose the problem? :)
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
doctorgonzo wrote:Eaglezsoar, I apologize. My grumpy is sticking out, and I curse like a sailor. I'm also very terse and concise in my language. I'll do my best to keep it "G-rated" from now on...again, sorry.
That's okay, Doc. I was a sailor for 6 years and I curse with the best of them but we need to remember that this is a public accessible board where the kiddies and women have access.
Out of respect to them is why we need to limit the language a little. Take care Doc. I wake up with pain in my right shoulder every morning can you diagnose the problem? :)

keep it g rated, keep it g rated, keep it g rated, keep it g rated, keep it g rated, keep it g rated, keep it g rated, keep it g rated..... :lol: Oh, and AF for 11 years. :D
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
doctorgonzo
Printmaster!

Post by doctorgonzo »

I GOT IT! Epic win. Took a buddy to line up the doors and stuff while I did the rest. Now on to the fun parts...

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”