Punishment!

A place to post your fails. We know you got 'em, now share what you think caused 'em
DeltaCon
Printmaster!

Punishment!

Post by DeltaCon »

As a measure of punishment I am confessing here...

I startet this topic http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=10354 asking for a solution of a sudden consequent clogging of my E3D hotend. I found the culprit, and with blush on my cheeks I must admit that the peekfan was not blowing. Instead the layerfan was blowing and as a mitigating circumstance: they sound the same... :oops: :oops:

It is not that I switched the connectors by accident (which I actually checked the first time!) but introduced during the upgrade of my firmware to 0.92.9 where some PIN assignments have new names. Yes, this upgrade is some time ago and yes, I have not been printing for real since then because yes, I had some other severe problems to overcome because yes, I am new to the calibration stuff concerning my fsr upgrade... So many things have changed that I was not even considering the possibility of the peekfan not working... In fact I was convinced that it was working and I only discovered the fault because I was inspecting if it did not turn around the wrong side (that desperate I was!).

So... now that this is out of my system I feel a lot better, thanks!
I will be starting my 24V / SSR / Stepdown upgrade with renewed confidence soon. :mrgreen:
I am DeltaCon, I have a delta, my name is Con, I am definitely PRO delta! ;-)
Rostock V2 / E3D Volcano / FSR kit / Duet 0.6

PS.: Sorry for the avatar, that's my other hobby!

Return to “FAIL HAPPENS ! ! !”