BOOTUP

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
Ebygum
Plasticator

BOOTUP

Post by Ebygum »

Gday guys,
I have a problem at boot up IT JUST DOESNT.
I just get the screen as per the photo attached.
Whats the problem an how can I fix it?

cheers

Trevor
Attachments
IMG_2176.JPG
DavidF
Printmaster!

Re: BOOTUP

Post by DavidF »

try uploading the firmware again.
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Post by Captain Starfish »

Jeez, Trevor, you're not having the best run with this are ya... :(
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

If FW doesn't do the trick, make sure that both ribbon cables are attached correctly. They're just a friction fit without a retainer clip or anything, so it's not impossible for them to wiggle loose over time, especially after transport.
Ebygum
Plasticator

Post by Ebygum »

How do you reinstall firmware without booting up??

cheers

Trevor
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

Ebygum wrote:How do you reinstall firmware without booting up??

cheers

Trevor
you conect via usb cable.

fire up arduino programmer and load the firmware. Btw firmware is the software that lives inside the machine. Not on your computer.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Ebygum , if the cables are not keyed, try reversing the cables or turning the cables and reinserting on the same plug.
See this link for more info: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php ... 47&p=14920" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This link may also be of some help: http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2262" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

Question: you had this up and running recently, and now it does this.

What has happened in between times? Have you just left it in the corner or moved it but done nothing else? I'd check the LCD connectors.

Have you tried updating firmware? I'd start looking at re-programming it in that case, but wouldn't bother otherwise.

As far as I know, both the LCD and SD card run off the same serial bus - so pull out the SD card and see if it still does it.
Ebygum
Plasticator

Post by Ebygum »

Gday Guys,
The printer was working fine(ish) but the model came unglued from the base so I turned the printer off , removed the offending model and tried to restart the printer but all I got was the screen previously shown.
JJ at SEEMECNC recommends re flashing the firmware and to look at the manual on pages 211 to 216 to find out how to do this.
The problem I have is I cannot find a manual with that many pages in it.
Does anyone have a link to this manual or can give me KISS instructions on how to do this?

cheers

Trevor
Earthbound
Printmaster!

Post by Earthbound »

Trevor,

He's probably referring to the Max V2 manual here. Since you've got an Orion (I assume, since we're in the Orion forum) you didn't have to do this when your machine was brand new. There isn't a quick nutshell version. Work through the steps in the manual, starting from pg 210 through completion on 216. It will be very familiar if you've done any work with Arduinos.

Mike
"Trust no quote from the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Ebygum
Plasticator

Post by Ebygum »

Thanks for the link Mike
Will give it a blurt

cheers

Trevor
Ebygum
Plasticator

Post by Ebygum »

Thanks for the link Mike
ill give it a blurt

Cheers

Trevor
Holy1
Printmaster!

Post by Holy1 »

[quote="Ebygum"]Gday Guys,
The printer was working fine(ish) but the model came unglued from the base so I turned the printer off , removed the offending model and tried to restart the printer but all I got was the screen previously shown.

This happens quite often with my Orion ( not the failed model). I just unplug it from the wall for a few seconds, plug it back in and then it boots up fine. Go figure.
Orion to Cartesian http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7808" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric
Printmaster!

Post by Eric »

Captain Starfish wrote: As far as I know, both the LCD and SD card run off the same serial bus - so pull out the SD card and see if it still does it.
That panel just physically collects separate devices with independent connections to Arduino I/O pins. All interaction between them is handled in software. There's no shared serial bus involved. In this case, the LCD is interfaced in a parallel manner, using about six I/O pins.

They do share the same cable bundles and it's slightly possible there's some kind of signal noise between lines. So removing the SD card before powering up is worth a shot. I don't really expect it will change anythng.
Captain Starfish
Printmaster!

oops, my bad. I got confused with another project and thought the LCD was running off SPI as well which - as you say - it isn't.

Please just ignore this garden path, nothin to see here... :oops:
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

Earthbound wrote:Since you've got an Orion (I assume, since we're in the Orion forum)
The LCD mount is blue acrylic too, so it's definitely an Orion.

Return to “ORION”