Orion SD Drive Software problem

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
WildLinx
Plasticator

Orion SD Drive Software problem

Post by WildLinx »

Happy Easter people,
I am a total newbie to 3D printing.
I just replaced a limit switch on one of the towers. I homed the the tower and did the paper thing on the glass. I Know that the new switch is not precise so before trying to print I wrote the G-code file from my XP notepad to the Orion's SD chip using Micro$oft XP. I Put the chip in the printer and tried to run the calibration from the manual but, then I needed the printer menu for Z-Axis it wasn't there. The only program on the chip now is the "Towers.gcode". I put the chip back in by computer and ran Recuva Recovery and it reports that Towers.gcode overwrote 2 "unrecoverable files". The file format on the chip is now FAT. Was that the original format from SeeMeCNC ? Also where can I download an image of the chip? I'm dieing to see it print somethin' .
Any response appreciated. Steve
JohnStack
Printmaster!

Re: Orion SD Drive Software problem

Post by JohnStack »

I have to admit, I'm a little confused by your post. Limit switch, g-code, Z-axis menu....

The Z-axis menu is under advanced settings.

You have a utility that says you overwrote the files? I don't know the original format but worst case, it's fat. If you can see it on your machine, it's at least fat.

If you have an earlier version of Repetier burned onto your machine, it only recognizes 8.3 format. If it is 0.91, evidently it recognizes long file names.
Technologist, Maker, Willing to question conventional logic
http://dropc.am/p/KhiI1a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

Orion.zip
(14.31 MiB) Downloaded 203 times
The card is Fat32 format and the above zipped files are what was on my card, version .91 of repetier firmware.
Happy Easter to you also!
Last edited by Eaglezsoar on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

JohnStack wrote:I have to admit, I'm a little confused by your post. Limit switch, g-code, Z-axis menu....

The Z-axis menu is under advanced settings.

You have a utility that says you overwrote the files? I don't know the original format but worst case, it's fat. If you can see it on your machine, it's at least fat.

If you have an earlier version of Repetier burned onto your machine, it only recognizes 8.3 format. If it is 0.91, evidently it recognizes long file names.
He is a little confused, I sent him the files that he lost on the SD card, maybe that will help him along. Thanks, John.
WildLinx
Plasticator

Post by WildLinx »

I just received a rebuilt and tested Orion early this month. When I unpacked it the little lever was missing from one of the limit switches on the top of right front tower and the edge of the plastic that hold it in was chipped out. Without all three working I couldn't print because the unit wouldn't home.
This morning I replaced the switch and the printer initialized correctly and I was able to set the printing head to just above the glass plate and it accepted the calibration. I still needed to adjust the three screws on top of the Cheapskates to insure that the switches all turned off such that the would give a co-planer reference to the base plate and maintain a constant gap between the head and glass across the entire printing area. The procedure on page 23 of the Manual (ed 2) and gives a short gcode routine to write to the Orion's SD chip. The small program should cause the cause the print head to move out from the center on both the X and Y Axis about 2mm above the surface with 2 seconds delay in order to make measurements and adjust the screws accordingly. When I did this it erased (wrote over) the programs on the SD chip.
I need a copy of the or access to the files to rewrite the chip in order to run the printer.
Hope this clarifies.
Steve
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

WildLinx wrote:I just received a rebuilt and tested Orion early this month. When I unpacked it the little lever was missing from one of the limit switches on the top of right front tower and the edge of the plastic that hold it in was chipped out. Without all three working I couldn't print because the unit wouldn't home.
This morning I replaced the switch and the printer initialized correctly and I was able to set the printing head to just above the glass plate and it accepted the calibration. I still needed to adjust the three screws on top of the Cheapskates to insure that the switches all turned off such that the would give a co-planer reference to the base plate and maintain a constant gap between the head and glass across the entire printing area. The procedure on page 23 of the Manual (ed 2) and gives a short gcode routine to write to the Orion's SD chip. The small program should cause the cause the print head to move out from the center on both the X and Y Axis about 2mm above the surface with 2 seconds delay in order to make measurements and adjust the screws accordingly. When I did this it erased (wrote over) the programs on the SD chip.
I need a copy of the or access to the files to rewrite the chip in order to run the printer.
Hope this clarifies.
Steve
Download the zip file I left for you and unzip the files to the SD card, your SD card will then contain all the files that it did when it was sent to you.
WildLinx
Plasticator

Post by WildLinx »

Thank you Eaglezsoar,
Your copy of the chip fully gets me going again. I can now print small part fine. I just needed to move the adjustment code into the Select File/GCODE folder. Not the CALIBRATION folder.
Thanks again, Steve
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

WildLinx wrote:Thank you Eaglezsoar,
Your copy of the chip fully gets me going again. I can now print small part fine. I just needed to move the adjustment code into the Select File/GCODE folder. Not the CALIBRATION folder.
Thanks again, Steve
Glad that I could be of help, happy printing!

Return to “ORION”