Curves and walls not bonding

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
billtheman
Noob

Curves and walls not bonding

Post by billtheman »

Curves.jpg
So I have been searching and searching and can not seem to find out what to call this issue.
I have separation in curves on my prints. Horizontal bonding is great, but verticle pieces in the print seem to be separating.
Has anyone experienced this or know what may cause it? It may be called the Delta Blues, but I wanted to be sure there was nothing I was doing wrong.
Mrfrankl
Plasticator

Re: Curves and walls not bonding

Post by Mrfrankl »

Having similar issues. I've been adjusting the settings with different slicer programs.

I'm printing with PLA and when extruder gets too hot, the material doesn't have a chance to bond with existing walls of the object before the print platform moves on. This causes the still drying material to be lifted up or completely dragged out of position.

From readings I've found that lower heat and higher speed can help, but I've also seen the opposite suggestions.

I don't have a good answer, but am continuing to play with print speeds and temps hoping that I can eventually print something that I can be proud of.
bot
Printmaster!

Re: Curves and walls not bonding

Post by bot »

It's hard to see what you're talking about in the picture... can you label it perhaps?

It seems you mean the X/Y bonding, not bonding between layers?
*not actually a robot

Return to “ORION”