How many days have YOU printed?

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
JackFoz
Printmaster!

How many days have YOU printed?

Post by JackFoz »

Reply how long you've had your machine, then the total print time and amount of filament!

I've had my printer for about 3 months and I already have 23 days an 13 hours and nearly 6 kilometres of filament!

Also add any failures you've had and approximately what time they happened.
image.jpg
Last edited by JackFoz on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Re: How many days have YOU printed?

Post by Jimustanguitar »

I've changed firmware and electronics so many times that I have no clue any more :)

I could tell you how much filament I've used in Kilo's though. Has anybody ever figured out the decisive conversion for meters to kilos with 1.75mm filament?
JackFoz
Printmaster!

Post by JackFoz »

Jimustanguitar wrote:I've changed firmware and electronics so many times that I have no clue any more :)

I could tell you how much filament I've used in Kilo's though. Has anybody ever figured out the decisive conversion for meters to kilos with 1.75mm filament?
Well there's 325 meters on a 1KG spool of PLA. The rest is for you to work out :) !
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

If this thread is going to be something more usefull than a pissing contest. Lets add what wear items have worn out and at what time we can expect failiures or the meed to recalibrate.
That would be usefull info.

But that will be difficult. As many of us are constantly fondling our printers and hardware doesnt stay the same. Neither does software.

I had 2 days before I had a calibration issue I could not debug and decided to restart from flashing the arduino. And it worked. Now I have about 2 plus days. So about 4 total.

I got the printer 10th of july and had it assembled I think towards the 20th. So 4 days printing in 20 days. But I have been away from it for 10 days. So 4/10.

Half a roll of blue abs gone. Its mangled inside so I had to swithch filaments.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
jesse
Printmaster!

Post by jesse »

Over 50 days. After that I switched to a Smoothieboard that doesn't keep count.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

still running on oct 2013 version of the firmware, no idea how many hours of printing cant find out where that info is stored but went through 5 rools of filament just this past month. Ran 3 months with out calibrating just using the center 3-4" of the bed. Calibrated Dec of last year, now have only made changes to printer height when switching extruders or screwing with the e3d V5. Added lash straps to the arms in Jan. Replaced bowden tube twice and a bunch of quick couplers.
Wondering why I have such good luck as I have never had the problems other have. Seems like the only problems I ever have are with the slicers wanting to play games with my head. Ill get my hands around those gremlins and choke them out, Ive gotten a couple all ready. :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
JackFoz
Printmaster!

Post by JackFoz »

Okay then let's add that to the
teoman wrote: pissing contest
At 20 hours both heating resistors failed. I replaced it with one 40W heater cartridge and it works great. My PEEK fan is getting increasingly worse from around the 15 day mark. It's making all sorts of noises. Apart from that were still running fine *touch wood* :D
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

Hmm.. Well I've had the printer for a few weeks and killed about two rolls of filament dead and beat the heck out of three or four more between nylon bridge and t glase and such. I changed out my Rambo fan and it nuked the counted somehow so mine is off. I jammed up the E3d V6 head with PLA once already. But aside from a few mods I did for personal preferences I have had no issues. Once calibrated with my dial indicator I have been set and printing my tail off.

I am still keeping the lost PLA stuff in mind DavidF... As soon as I get there I will be sure to touch base with you.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

travelphotog wrote:Hmm.. Well I've had the printer for a few weeks and killed about two rolls of filament dead and beat the heck out of three or four more between nylon bridge and t glase and such. I changed out my Rambo fan and it nuked the counted somehow so mine is off. I jammed up the E3d V6 head with PLA once already. But aside from a few mods I did for personal preferences I have had no issues. Once calibrated with my dial indicator I have been set and printing my tail off.

I am still keeping the lost PLA stuff in mind DavidF... As soon as I get there I will be sure to touch base with you.
I keep planning on doing anouter more up to date video. Bought a new camera and have it set up in my casting area, but just keep putting it off.
Getting ready to do another run of makerbots for the NYC makerfair, so maybe ill hit the record button this time around. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
Tinyhead
Printmaster!

Post by Tinyhead »

A little over 37 days. Half of which has been fighting with my magnetic arms. Just placed an order for the Trick Laser arms a few hours ago. Hopefully I can start racking up more time on the machine. Over the last month and a half I haven't printed much at all because I've been having such a hell of a time.
travelphotog
Printmaster!

Post by travelphotog »

I do love the Trick Laser arms! I have been looking at some of the magnetic arms mods.. But I keep hearing good and bad. I will say the Trick Laser arms just WORKED and worked well.
http://713maker.com/ Custom aluminum and carbon fiber hot end mounts for the Rostock Max and Orion.
cope413
Printmaster!

Post by cope413 »

A lot of days...
2014-10-07 14.27.17.jpg
Fellow Philosophy majors unite!

"The proverbial achilles heel of property monistic epiphenomenalism is the apparent impossibility of ex-nihilo materialization of non-structural and qualitatively new causal powers."
Glacian22
Printmaster!

Post by Glacian22 »

My printer clocks in at a mere 14 days. *hangs head in shame*
teoman
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by teoman »

112 days!

That is impressive.
When on mobile I am brief and may be perceived as an arsl.
predawnsky
Printmaster!

Post by predawnsky »

JackFoz wrote:Reply how long you've had your machine, then the total print time and amount of filament!

I've had my printer for about 3 months and I already have 23 days an 13 hours and nearly 6 kilometres of filament!

Also add any failures you've had and approximately what time they happened.
image.jpg
damn Im no were near that many days im only at 3days 535.7m but ive only had it for a few months so still a newbie
RocketMagnet
Printmaster!

Post by RocketMagnet »

Jimustanguitar wrote:I've changed firmware and electronics so many times that I have no clue any more :)

Yes but you definitely need to know the density or measure it.. though ABS is roughly 1.05 g/cm^3 (all the reels I have are that anyway).

Anyway for ABS assuming consistent density and diameter it's:

Length =(Mass Of Filament / (π x Radius^2 x Density)

So for 1kg (1000g) of filament with a Diameter of 1.75mm and a Density of 1.05 g/cm^3;
Length = 1000 / (3.14 x 0.875^2 x 1.05) = 396m @ 1.05g/cm^3 for 1kg of Filament.

So Simplified you can use:

My Length per Kg = 396 x (My Density / 1.05)

[Above comes from D = M/V and substituting V = πr^2 L then rearranging]

My Orion Delta is significantly over calculating my Meters of Filament used by ~2X... is everyone else's correct?

Return to “Show us your machine!”