Finished My Printer

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
WVISION
Plasticator

Finished My Printer

Post by WVISION »

So after several successful prints and some wire maintenance this is how my
printer looks with sample results in PLA.

I am sure there will be a little tweak here and there but it's
functional and pretty portable. Ramps 1.4 / Arduino controller , Bowden Filament Feeder, X-Horse
Platform on Isolating Pucks. .5mm Acorn Nozzle, Cooling Fan on back of nozzle carriage with .31 layer height.
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG
IMG_1285.JPG
IMG_1287.JPG
IMG_1314.JPG
Last edited by WVISION on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JTCUSTOMS
Printmaster!

Re: Finished My Printer

Post by JTCUSTOMS »

Very cool! nice prints you are getting, hope to see quality like that when mine is finished
JTCUSTOMS

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abraham Lincoln
WVISION
Plasticator

Post by WVISION »

This is my second Printer Build. My First was a Botmill Mendel and let me say after that adventure the H1 is a dream to build. Just do micro adjustments and take your time. Had it assembled in 3 days, Electronics and wiring finished in a month and printing. another month of tweaking to the results shown. This was weekends and 5 hrs at night.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

I like that table for your printer, looks pretty cool sitting there. The bowden feed tube up to the extruder is pretty awesome too, bet that keeps the tangles down, huh.
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

Ok, that is just over the top WVISION! I love it! I was not aware of the X-Horse, very cool workbench and quite affordable.

I am considering a filament feeder, how is the Bowden working for you?

cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
Geirhart
Plasticator

Post by Geirhart »

Sweet build looking and running well.

G
WVISION
Plasticator

Post by WVISION »

Feeder is working awesome. There is a friction to length limit. I shortened the tubing until I could pull it evenly by hand as well as push the stock through with no issue. This prevents the pinch rollers from slipping. Mine are mild hobbed originals. Also I like to pull the tubing up about 6 inches on the first layer since it is lower, slower and PLA has a tendency to expand this reduces short shots on the first layer. Once is speeds up on the second layer it naturally pulls the tube back down against the top of the extruder and I just watch the spool for movement every now and again. Hope that helps. I have more photos at the Yahoo site.

Return to “Show us your machine!”