Well Done SeeMeCNC

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
cjrussell
Plasticator

Well Done SeeMeCNC

Post by cjrussell »

Woke up this morning to check on a print and realized I had finally passed the 10k filament length. This is a thank you to SeeMeCNC for a beautiful machine! Still running with all original parts, no replacements as of yet (my older printer had several replacements by this point). Again, well done and thanks!
Attachments
IMG_20161023_090304459.jpg
morgandc
Printmaster!

Re: Well Done SeeMeCNC

Post by morgandc »

Impressive! I think the counters reset every time you upload the firmware....so it is likely even more :)
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

The counters shouldn't reset on a firmware upload - they're stored in EEPROM.

I met a lady at MRRF last year that had 13 days of printing time on her v2. She'd owned it for 21 days. :)

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects
morgandc
Printmaster!

Post by morgandc »

True, but the instruction for uploading the firmware typically include clearing the eeprom first to avoid problems...
cjrussell
Plasticator

Post by cjrussell »

I've only ever modified the EERPOM via Repetier, so the counters have never been reset (uploaded the firmware when first installed, haven't reinstalled it since). Haven't seen a need to upload new firmware yet since she runs just fine as she is at the moment. Why mess up a good thing?
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Post by Qdeathstar »

i recently erased my eeprom and lost my infos :( I was around 31 days .. but i'm already back up to around 2 days....
n108bg
Printmaster!

Post by n108bg »

I'm actually coming up on 12km with mine, and aside from issues with the filament drive train, in total:

-burning out the resistors for the hotend
-burning out the PEEK on the stock hotend after the thermistor popped out (oops), upgraded to e3d v6
-replacing the PTFE tubing
-Upgrading the extruder to the maximus mod, then the EZR to do flex more reliably
-managing to destroy the thermistor on the v6 that replaced my stock hotend
-managing to destroy the thermistor cartridge on the v6 block mod...somehow

the only parts i've had to replace are all related to the filament drive train and a printed effector because i like fans. Stock board, stock steppers, works like a charm. Its a great machine, coming up on about a year now of printing.
cjrussell
Plasticator

Post by cjrussell »

And she's still going! No replacements yet...starting to look at that V3 and wondering if she'd fair any better...
Attachments
IMG_20170405_081210047.jpg
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

That's sweet! I forgot to take a picture of mine before I wiped the eeprom for my hotend upgrade.
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
cjrussell
Plasticator

Post by cjrussell »

I've been thinking about doing a hot-end upgrade as this is a V2 and not a V3 (yet...), but I mainly print PLA only. I have a little Solidoodle to do ABS on (I get heat cracks constantly on the Rostock on ABS prints taller than 1"). I haven't ventured into new materials yet because the PLA (and now PLA+, which works even better) does everything I need, though I do miss the beauty of an Acetone Vapor Wash on ABS. I may just stick with this until something gives up the ghost then perform an upgrade then...but at this rate...who KNOWS when that'll happen! As she's (is it just me, or do we all call our printers 'she'?) only a little over a year old now, I don't know what the life expectancy should be on most of her parts. I use cleaning filament every time I change colors (and once a month at the minimum if I don't) so her hot-end is cared for, and the steppers should last longer than anything else. Does anybody know what the most likely first fail would be? Might be worth thinking ahead...
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

From my experience, the most likely failure point is likely the PEEK fan. These small diameter fans are largely cheap, with crappy bearings, and no one lubes them every six months (Which is impossible on some of the fans). It's either going to be that, or a heating resistor.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
cjrussell
Plasticator

Post by cjrussell »

Welp, this thread has been a journal, so we make a new entry. We just had our first failure! 25000M in and the borosilicate bed shattered while removing a printed piece. I also seem to have a bearing starting to fail (I can hear whining from the Y motor bay in the base, but its not the stepper), but for as long as this thing has lasted, I am still impressed. Gonna replace the bed and see how far I can push her while longingly staring at a Max3...
cjrussell
Plasticator

Post by cjrussell »

IMG_20181110_065809410-Resize2.jpg
30K and still going strong. Shortly after the glass failure noted above the thermistor in the hot-end decided to shatter within the confines of the block. A little annoying to get out but easily replaced. Otherwise, no other failures have occurred and she's running smooth as ever. Once again, well done!
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

\o/
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “Show us your machine!”