My son and I H1 build

Post a pic of your CNC machines!
wildideas1
Printmaster!

My son and I H1 build

Post by wildideas1 »

here are some pictures of what my 9yr old son and I built. std H1 printer, custom box for electronics.
Ryan suggested a stabilizer bar across the to of Z to keep machine from side to side jumping when making fast X travel, also had cool idea for mounting velleman controllers on front of case. I will be adding fan speed controller for two fans once I figure out how and where to mount them.
I built a custom acrylic case with plenty of laser cut venting Overkill but it is what I had left over from another custom project.
We added last week a heat bed and boy was that fun to build up. I took glass shelving clips and tapped then, then bent then to form around the glass and heat bed then attached to the original Seeme bed with alan socket heads to make fully adjustable table for the best prints i could obtain.

Ryan wants to add LED lighting so once that is done I will post pictures on that. we printed up some calibration pieces with new set up an rock solid but i need to adjust fan speed (too soon and causes lift from table at corners of print )

check out the Estes rockets we printed Saturday am and launched that morning.. posted on the what are you printing section.
Attachments
custom acrylic case
custom acrylic case
top of heat bed
top of heat bed
insulated
insulated
adjustable clip
adjustable clip
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Re: My son and I H1 build

Post by johnoly99 »

VERY nice work there guys. I love the fact your son has all those great ideas on how to fix/make/build things, that's what the world needs!

Return to “Show us your machine!”