I have been printing for a few days now, and I want to give Octoprint a shot.
I am wondering if I can expect the same kind of quality as MatterControl in terms of adjusting print/filament/printer settings and general features before I waste the hour or two it would take for me to get everything running.
A few other questions I have:
- From glancing at the source code and reading about it, it appears you can upload and store your gcode files. Is this accessible from some kind of library? If so, is it easy to use?
- Has anyone run long prints on it? Is it dependable?
- Does it perform well with a MAX v2?
- Although it is a browser app, it is hosted on the Pi. Does the app use that much resources? It will be hosting a VNC server, and I will most likely integrate this into my smarthome, probably a handlful of various cron tasks and synchronization with a Samba server. I want to make sure that a Pi (I have a Pi 2) can handle all of this and I don't need to buy another server.
- Programmers: Is the API easy to work with?
- Has anyone had any luck with an Arch ARM and Octoprint? I don't care for Debian distros too much.
- Do you need to have X.Org running to host/serve OctoPi? I highly doubt you do since this is a web app, but just wondering.