What's the typical response time from [email protected]?

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
howsTricks
Plasticator

What's the typical response time from [email protected]?

Post by howsTricks »

Hi guys,
Don't post here very often but I recently (Monday evening) sent an email to [email protected] and haven't heard back. I'm missing a few parts from the EZStruder kit. Alternatively, anybody have the models for parts EZStruder Adapter Hanger (P/N: 70778) and an EZStruder Adapter (P/N: 70779)? I'm trying to get an EZStruder mounted to the old style extruder mount.
Christian79
Printmaster!

Re: What's the typical response time from [email protected]

Post by Christian79 »

Normally about 2 days. Give them until Friday and send another. They are great people and very easy to deal with.
bubbasnow
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by bubbasnow »

you can call them also
howsTricks
Plasticator

Post by howsTricks »

Sounds good, I saw something in the announcements about them visiting some convention so maybe that's it. Not in a huge rush but I definitely want my 2nd extruder going when my kraken shows up!
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

howsTricks wrote:Sounds good, I saw something in the announcements about them visiting some convention so maybe that's it. Not in a huge rush but I definitely want my 2nd extruder going when my kraken shows up!
Wow! You bought a Kraken! I'm jealous. Be sure to let us know how that works out for you.
Jimustanguitar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Jimustanguitar »

howsTricks wrote:Sounds good, I saw something in the announcements about them visiting some convention so maybe that's it. Not in a huge rush but I definitely want my 2nd extruder going when my kraken shows up!
The guys did travel from snow-emergency Goshen to LA in the past 2 days, so I'd attribute it to that. They're very responsive, and you'll find that people only have good things to say about them, so I'd be surprised if your inquiry goes unanswered for much longer.
DavidF
Printmaster!

Post by DavidF »

Back when I was looking into purchasing a 3d printer one of the things that influenced my decision was that the guys behind the rostock stood behind thier product. When problems came up they took care of them. Try getting that from a printer purchased from over seas. When I did have a question about my rostock the response was in about a day and was on a personal level and not some que card reader.
http://www.youtube.com/user/aonemarine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lost pla castings? see me
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Eaglezsoar »

DavidF wrote:Back when I was looking into purchasing a 3d printer one of the things that influenced my decision was that the guys behind the rostock stood behind thier product. When problems came up they took care of them. Try getting that from a printer purchased from over seas. When I did have a question about my rostock the response was in about a day and was on a personal level and not some que card reader.
You are exactly correct. They may not be the fastest to respond because they are on the road and busy but when they do respond you get the best support I have ever experienced and not some BS from someone in India who could care less about you or your problem. The same goes for this forum, we have some of the brightest, most intelligent people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Two of them are admins on the forum the rest, well you know who you are besides I don't want everyone walking around with a big head.
We have all been on many forums and you can just feel the difference between this one and the rest of them out there and the reason is that we care and although we don't solve them all we have a damn good record.
howsTricks
Plasticator

Post by howsTricks »

Eaglezsoar wrote:
Wow! You bought a Kraken! I'm jealous. Be sure to let us know how that works out for you.
I'm stoked, only going to run 2 of the 4 extruders right now (as that's all the RAMBO board supports) while I wait for the next generation of electronics to mature. I mean, a new Azteeg board (Pro version, has built in support for 8 steppers) just came out last week out of the blue.
johnoly99
Printmaster!

Post by johnoly99 »

hows, did we get you taken care of?

It was prob. me that replied to your email. Yeah, between the miserable midwest weather we've had and traveling to LA this last week, I've been doing all the emails in the AM
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by mhackney »

howsTricks, definitely join us in the Kraken thread so we can share our experiences and help each other with the Kraken.

I have my 4 EZStruders at the ready. I am thinking about mounting 2-3 on top and the 4th on the original Rostock Max side arm. I actually have 2 sidearms so could do 2 and 2.

I will get 2 extruders working with RAMBo (I've already done 2 with it and two SeeMeCNC hot ends) but I do have an Azteeg X3 that I bought with the daughterboard and extra drivers so I can extend to 4 extruder drivers. The circuitry for the additional steppers is very easy and I'm working on making a little PC board to offer to folks that want to go this route.

cheers,
Michael

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler
howsTricks
Plasticator

Post by howsTricks »

johnoly99 wrote:hows, did we get you taken care of?

It was prob. me that replied to your email. Yeah, between the miserable midwest weather we've had and traveling to LA this last week, I've been doing all the emails in the AM
Sorry, didn't get a response from you guys. Just sent another email so hopefully you can find mine :D
mhackney wrote:howsTricks, definitely join us in the Kraken thread so we can share our experiences and help each other with the Kraken.

I have my 4 EZStruders at the ready. I am thinking about mounting 2-3 on top and the 4th on the original Rostock Max side arm. I actually have 2 sidearms so could do 2 and 2.

I will get 2 extruders working with RAMBo (I've already done 2 with it and two SeeMeCNC hot ends) but I do have an Azteeg X3 that I bought with the daughterboard and extra drivers so I can extend to 4 extruder drivers. The circuitry for the additional steppers is very easy and I'm working on making a little PC board to offer to folks that want to go this route.

cheers,
Michael
Will do, hoping the Kraken will get more people involved with multi-extuder systems.

Return to “The Lounge”