Delta Movement Test?

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
Qdeathstar
Printmaster!

Delta Movement Test?

Post by Qdeathstar »

Hi,

Im working on getting my water cooling working and i got everything working, so now its time to check for leaks. I was wondering if anyone has a good delta movement test to test the movement range of the printer?

Thanks!
thechewiestbacca
Printmaster!

Re: Delta Movement Test?

Post by thechewiestbacca »

I've used this object before: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1255574

I like that file, because of the costomizer option, so you can set it to the horizontal radius you want, and to a low height so your not wasting a ton of filament. The other perk is that you can scale back the detail if you just want to print a ring that reaches the limitations of the print bed.
Zesty_Lykle
Printmaster!

Post by Zesty_Lykle »

Why do you need customizer options to set the max diameter.

That can be done on the slicer surely? That is where I do it, if I want to play with sizes.
For instance, I have a solid cylinder 100 mm by 100 mm tall. And I print that in vase mode, full mode, scaled to 330 diameter or 400 tall if I want to see how the limits perform.

Lykle
Lykle
Design life, and enjoy.
thechewiestbacca
Printmaster!

Post by thechewiestbacca »

I don't need customizer to size an object to the preffered size. It's just one of countless available ways to resize an object. (I usually use Meshmixer) I never thought about scaling an object in a slicer other than by percentage. So, couldn't you resize the Eris calibration print to fit your desired print bed size? http://repables.com/r/791/ There are a few options like that on Repables.

Return to “The Lounge”