Can''t find spares

General hangout discussion area for other non-printing stuff
Stevolution
Printmaster!

Can''t find spares

Post by Stevolution »

Hey all
I just tried to find spares (an 0.4mm nozzle to be exact) for my RoStock Max V2. Could not find them anywhere (I am UK, but willing to purchase from US etc).
Tried a tech ticket to SeeMe CNC to ask them, but the Capatcha 'not a robot' thing wasn't working and would not let me send the ticket.

I hope this isn't a 'Don't support that anymore' thing..... I will be most peeved.

Thanks all
joe
Printmaster!

Re: Can''t find spares

Post by joe »

Stevolution
Printmaster!

Post by Stevolution »

I thought the original standard hot-end nozzles were 0.4mm?

I have been totally out of the loop for the last 6 months. Is there a new shiney hotend that will fit (or can be made to fit) the Max V2?
The E3dv6 I had was a nightmare... currently running the factory one
Xenocrates
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by Xenocrates »

There is the HE280 which can be bought pre-assembled as a unit to snap in (If you have the ball cup arms, which IIRC, you do). It can use E3D nozzles reasonably, allowing you to buy UK and re-use the nozzles from your V6. It also in theory adds auto-calibration (This can take some effort to get set up well, but offers good first layers if you get it right, and once it's installed is pretty fool-proof, although it doesn't like bed coatings like thick gluestick (Cal before applying gluestick/hairspray), or PEI).

If you do buy an HE280, I suggest you also buy a locking 8 pin connector for it, like can be found here. I think it's the same part as this, but I'm not sure and don't own a HE280 to test it with.
Machines:
Rostock Max V2, Duet .8.5, PT100 enabled E3D V6 and volcano, Raymond style enclosure
Automation Technology 60W laser cutter/engraver
1m X-carve router

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
01-10011-11111100001
Stevolution
Printmaster!

Post by Stevolution »

Thanks. I will look into this then.

Will going from an 0.4mm to an 0.5mm make much difference to my prints? Maybe I am better going down to the 3.5mm?
Why are the 0.4mm size missing.... is this something that is not being produced any more? :shock:

Been moving house etc for 6 months and been totally out of the loop.
barry99705
Printmaster!

Post by barry99705 »

Originals were .5, at least mine was. It's currently encased in pla, so I can't check to be sure. My replacement e3d is .4. Going bigger and you can lose some of the fine detail in the x-y direction, going smaller gives you more detail capabilities, but increases print time.
Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.
Stevolution
Printmaster!

Post by Stevolution »

It was def 0.4mm when I got mine (and still is). I think I will get 3.5mm then (and maybe a 0.5mm for trials).
I have a horrible feeling they are not going to make any new nozzles for the V2 and leave us stranded when the stock runs out
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDI

Post by geneb »

I doubt it.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

Return to “The Lounge”